PDA

View Full Version : OK Now I'm getting Pissed Off.

canadasteve
10-23-2009, 12:08 PM
I have a factory installed FlushPro on my 07 Mobius LSV V-Drive with 325 Assault.

The boat is out of the water and I hooked a garden hose to the flushpro (factory installed). I turned on the garden hose and the water went through the engine and out the back and I heated up the engine. I shut off engine, shut off watetr, disconected the hose and put on ANOTHER shorter hose which went into a 5 gallon pale of antifreeze. I turned on the engine but it is NOT drawing the antifreeze out of the pale.

WHY IS THAT?

Do I need to tape up the bottom of the boat where it draws lake water?

I dialed my dealer and they rarely sell boats with it so they are clueless.

I dialed every friggen extention at Skiers Choice and NO ONE IS ANSWERING. I literally dialed like 25 different extentions just by going through 111, 112, 113 etc. NO ONE IS THERE!

Can someone help me?

canadasteve
10-23-2009, 12:18 PM
I was told the following...but what and where are the 'drain cocks'?

Directions for Winterizing Your Boat (Out of Water):

1. After flushing with fresh water, open all drain cocks.
2. When all water is drained out of the engine, close drain cocks and tape shut
the water inlet on the bottom of the boat.
3. Insert adapter into garden hose connection on the top of the valve.
4. Using a 5 gallon bucket, mix applicable amount of anti-freeze and water
(See anti-freeze directions for temperatures and appropriate amounts of
anti-freeze and water mixture).
5. Place end of hose into bucket of anti-freeze mixture.

canadasteve
10-23-2009, 12:25 PM
Maybe I have no idea what the 'adapter' is or how to use it?

canadasteve
10-23-2009, 12:42 PM
Assume the adapter is the tiny back thing on the cap of the flushpro, so I took it off and inserted the smaller end into the garden hose connection at the top of the flushpro where you would screw in your garden hose. I did that...and it still is not sucking water! Again WTF. Yes I taped up the two water inlets at the bottom of the boat.

sandm
10-23-2009, 12:45 PM
not familiar with it, so no advice, but give it some time..
those that have one installed or have used one may not be on the board for a while....

canadasteve
10-23-2009, 01:05 PM
I insert it into the flushpro where the garden hose goes, screw on the hose and turn on the engine and after 10 seconds, it's still not drawing water. I taped up the proper water intake on the bottom of the boat real well so I'm totally lost! TOTALLY.

Razzman
10-23-2009, 01:39 PM
Have you tried calling a dealer? Doesn't necessarily have to be an SC dealer as this procedure is all the same on any vdrive with a flushpro i believe.

NCSUmoomba
10-23-2009, 01:53 PM
Or maybe you could call Perko?

canadasteve
10-23-2009, 02:01 PM
1: Yes I am shulaj but the Chat Board screwed up and they cannot re establish the user name! Considering I know all about PHP's I find that hard to understand...but whatever. I like my new moniker.

2: I called Perko. Guy was OUTSTANDING...and he's got no idea why it's not drawing. His idea was to put my pail above the flushpro and use a shorter hose. Well the hose is 3 feet long and the flushpro is below the floor level so my pail is above it.

3: I called the dealer. They never use them..so they have no idea.

4: I can't wait till tomorrow. Flying out to Boston and by the time I get back, my boat will freeze to death.

SO HERE IS WHAT I JUST TRIED. I PUT A FUNNEL INTO MY HOSE RATHER THAN HAVING IT SIT IN THE BUCKET. I FILLED THE HOSE AND THE FUNNEL WITH WATER UNTIL I COULD SEE THAT IT WAS LEAKING INTO THE FLUSHPRO UNIT SO I KNOW THE BALL IS DEPRESSED. I THEN TURNED ON THE ENGINE AND IT SUCKED WATER VERY SLOWLY....SLOWLY.

SO I THEN MOVED THE HOSE TO THE PAIL, (NOW SITTING ON THE BENCH INSTEAD OF FLOOR) AND I LOOKED AT THE FLUSHPRO TO SEE HOW MUCH WATER WAS GETTING TO THE UNIT, AND IT WAS ONLY BARELY COMING IN. SO I AM NOT SURE IF IT DOES JUST SUCK SUPER SUPER SLOW OR THE ENGINE NEEDS TO DEVELOP A VACUME.

I ALSO TOOK OFF THE IMPELLER CAP AND THE IMPELLER HAS ALL ITS TEETH. IDEAS?

Steve

NCSUmoomba
10-23-2009, 02:04 PM
Actually, I just read through the 2007 Moomba Owners manual and the Indmar Owners manual and I didn't read any where in there about filling the engine with antifreeze. I have heard of people doing this, but I have no idea why?

cab13367
10-23-2009, 02:10 PM
Steve,

The drain cocks are the engine block drain plugs. There are two. Don't run the engine very long if the anti-freeze is not being drawn in thru the flush pro or u will burn out the impeller. Ten seconds seems like a long time.

Do u have the 5 gal bucket of antifreeze on the ground or on the floor of the boat? Might have better luck if it's on the boat to reduce the vertical distance that the impeller has to draw the antifreeze.

canadasteve
10-23-2009, 02:11 PM
How long should it take to suck in 5 gallons of antifreeze? At the rate it sucks, it would take 5 minutes or more. It sucks about 2 shot glasses of water per second. (I can do three man!)

Can I run my engine for that long if hardly anything is passing into the

cab13367
10-23-2009, 02:17 PM
Sorry about my last post. You posted twice in the time it took me to type it so i missed your last two posts.

There are two schools of thought on winterizing:

1- drain all the water out of the block and hoses.
2- replace the water with antifreeze.

I do #1. Sounds like u are in a pinch. If u can't get the anti-freeze way to work, call me and I'll walk u through method 1. Will take you 30 minutes tops. I'll pm u my cell #.

viking
10-23-2009, 02:57 PM
If It's not drawing through the Flush Pro (not too familiar with it by the way) then why not try flushing it from the water pick-up under the boat with a "fake-a-lake" or homemade copy-cat version with a plunger?

canadasteve
10-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Here is what was determined. The flushpro may have a crack so Perko is sending me a new one for free. They were outstanding on the phone - but it didn't help.

I then just discounneceted the 1 1/4" pipe from the flushpro and put THAT into the pale which is sucked up in 5 seconds.

DONE.

Thanks for helping everyone. Seriously appreciate it. All boat groups are great but I wonder if a Mastercraft news group would be as good as you guys.

dru1974
10-23-2009, 07:24 PM
I am out in alberta here..... have had several ski boats have always had it done for me.... but the new moomba supra dealer here in alberta nad they have great customer service. If you were to call martin marine in edmonton I garantee they will help you out and take good care of you at the same time.

Good luck and have fun in boston

Mikey
10-24-2009, 12:52 AM
I have the flush fitting which i use if i just want to run the motor to warm up etc but when i actually want to add antifreze to flush through as i empty mine when i'm done i disconnect one of the high connections at my waterstrainer and just dump 2 jugs of antifreeze down the 1 1/4 hose i believe as quickly as possible then shut motor down and drain as well. this is what i was shown by my mastercraft buddy and have done successfully 3 yrs now. this is my way maybe not quite right but seems to work.Sorry boat is wrapped up so no pics to show or explain better.

maxpower220
10-24-2009, 10:22 AM
I used the Perko last yr for winter. It took me a few tries to get the "adapter" all the way down in order to depress the spring enough to draw antifreeze out of the bucket. After it was seated properly, the system worked great, but it did seem to take longer than I expected.

canadasteve
10-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Thank you everyone. Just dropped boat off at the heated storage warehouse here in Ottawa. The antifreeze was in case they lost heat and everything froze.

Appreciate all the help. Perko is sending me a new flushpro as they have no idea why it's not working. That adapter is for @hits

smokedog2
10-24-2009, 07:58 PM
yea, adapter issue I would not pull the plugs and then run, run then pull plugs. Beter yet pull the plugs, drain the water and thenfill with antifreeze.

Watch for pink, remember your heater needs an open thermostat

deerfield
10-24-2009, 11:21 PM
canadasteve - As you discovered, a fresh water impeller has plenty of draw to pull antifreeze through a hose from a bucket. My hose is fifteen feet long. The bucket sits on the ground under the stern to collect and recirculate the antifreeze as it shoots out the exhaust. Get the engine up to operating temperature with water. Stop the engine. Dump the water from the bucket. Fill it with antifreeze. Start engine and let it run for five minutes as the antifreeze completely circulates the engine and heater core. Shut off the engine, remove the antifreeze feeder hose, and reinstall the fresh water intake line. Actually pretty simple. Sorry I did not post earlier. Been out of town. But it sounds as though you got it done and she's in storage for the winter. - Deerfield

yearround
10-26-2009, 10:32 AM
deerfield,
i like this set up! i might even winterize this year if i can get set up with this. i would like more details on this if you don't mind.

thanks
todd