PDA

View Full Version : Exile XM7's vs Wetsounds???

LURK19
10-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Searching the threads show very little opinion or experience with the Exile's. Anyone have them....thoughts? Wetsound tower speakers owners did you compare the two? If so why Wetsounds in the end?

ps Polk db651s delivered yesterday! ..... new boat not till April ....

Razzman
10-23-2009, 09:14 AM
I doubt you'll get much if any opinion on the Exiles here. I don't think anyone even has them yet. Your better off searching Wakeworld for them as there was a thread on them about a month ago.

sandm
10-23-2009, 10:05 AM
agree with razz. if you have the ability, go listen to them. don't think you can really go wrong with either.
be sure and check out bullet speakers as well if you are shopping hlcd's. krypt makes some with great prices as well..

Razzman
10-23-2009, 11:01 AM
And i agree with sandm as well. There are many good alternatives to Wetsounds. Not knocking them at all. Personally I'm just tired of seeing them, everyone has them, they are factory for some boats now. IF i was so inclined to purchase high end speakers i would buy NVS, nice looks, sound great and more headroom. The Exiles look good but they're priced right along with the Wetsounds 60's. To me that's a bit much for a new entry into the market.

sandm
10-23-2009, 11:37 AM
good call on nvs. forgot about them. I believe they will start taking quite a bit of the wetsounds market.

LURK19
10-23-2009, 11:58 AM
Thanks guys - I did check out NVS and Hollow Points. From a pure looks standpoint I like the Exiles and the no wires flying is clean. Since my boat will sit on a lift at our Lakehouse unattended during the week the quick disconnect seem like it will be a good option. Someone has to venture into uncharted waters ........... maybe it's me and Exile XM7's.

you da man
10-23-2009, 01:35 PM
If your boat will be outside any then I would go with Exiles because of how easy it is to remove the speakers. I heard them at Earmark Marine but it was inside the shop. With HLCD speakers you need to be at a distance to really hear how they sound. From cost point though, you can't beat the sale on the Bullet Hollow Points at 40% off until 10/31/09. I took advantage of that sale and bought 4 770's

Razzman
10-23-2009, 01:41 PM
From what i read earlier on WW Exile has a 30 day demo program. Call 'em and see, what better way to tell if you like them.

GeauxTigers
10-23-2009, 01:45 PM
I have the Wetsounds. I "thought" I was going to go inexpensive originally and went to a dealer in town to compare the PRO-80's vs a myriad of others. I thought the Wetsounds projected better and were cleaner than everything else they had in stock. I did save money on the amps and install by doing it myself. I could not be happier. The only thing I am bummed about is the way were ripped off our summer here in Utawh. Sure, a lot of people have them, but they are NOT as common as you would think they are. After all, they cost a pretty penny.
IMHO, to choose the right speaker, you have to listen to it. You also have to balance cost vs sound quality (and sound quality is very subjective). What sounds good to me may be crap to you, so go listen to everything you are even thinking of buying. The final factor will be how good it looks on the boat. You don't want something on your boat that makes it look bad, but then again, how good it looks is also subjective!! LOL!
Good luck shopping!

viking
10-23-2009, 03:07 PM
AMEN! I personally like the Exiles and was very seriously looking at the SAMSON S7 HD's (think they have a partnership or deal with Exile?) cause they come in Black or Chrome versions. I think they are sick and probably rival wetsounds or Bullet's for sound and projection.
But what set's them apart is the quick connect and swivel mount system with wireless look to them.
I settled for a basic coax set of tower speakers for now to save some coin. But If I was buying right now............I'd get the S7's because of the above - and I like to be different :)

Thanks guys - I did check out NVS and Hollow Points. From a pure looks standpoint I like the Exiles and the no wires flying is clean. Since my boat will sit on a lift at our Lakehouse unattended during the week the quick disconnect seem like it will be a good option. Someone has to venture into uncharted waters ........... maybe it's me and Exile XM7's.

LURK19
10-23-2009, 03:49 PM
100% agree with the subjectivity of listening to speakers. I'd even venture to say within someone's own collection of music, speakers would sound different. You put in country (no offense anyone) I might not hear subtle audio advantages over a set of speakers playing something more in tune with my choice of music. ie Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, etc.

jmvotto
10-23-2009, 03:54 PM
you tube has some sound tests of the samsons, wetsounds and hollow points. there are all pretty cool but some are really overkill.;)

Brianinpdx
10-27-2009, 02:43 AM
Mr Lurk -

Thanks for the interest on the XM7. I've received a couple emails in the last few days from people on the Moomba forum asking for details. You guys must have a thirst for knowledge. Truth be told, people have given some pretty good feedback in what I've read on this forum. I'll give everyone a few more details.

- Exile & Samson: seems to be a lot of confusion on this. Basically we teamed up with Samson sports because Exile knows high end audio design and Samson knows everything in the world about wakeboard towers. So the bottom line is: you'll be seeing many new "best in class" marine products under the Exile and Samson brands. As it stands now, Exile offers the XM7 in black and chrome while Samson offers the S7 in chrome/chrome. (although they do have a few pair of black and black out there).

- The XM7 is the only HLCD speaker system that has a patented quick disconnect clamping system. It's really easy to use. Installers love it because you can mount the clamp itself on the tower and then click in the speaker after the fact. Consumers love the quick disconnect because you can take your speakers off at the end of the day and keep them safe.

- The XM7 ships with neoprene storage cases that come with the speakers. Other companies offer similar things but we just include them in the box.

- The XM7 is the only HLCD speaker that can swivel 360 degrees and still play music while doing it.

- The XM7 clamp design is actually two clamps in one. Some boat owners can direct fit the clamp directly into their towers while other boats will utilize the entire clamp. either way you can quick release the speaker as mentioned above. The best part is that the audio signal passes right through the clamp and that means no flying wires anywhere. Sure it looks nice, but it also is one less thing exposed to the elements.

- The hang height on the XM7 is fairly low as compared to other brands, and the weight is also pretty low comparatively speaking. All good things to think about when researching speakers.

All this nifty stuff over looks one thing... How the heck do they sound???? We've gone to great effort to provide a tonal quality that sounds great at 80feet as it does at 5 feet. not so easy to do in the marine environment.

Someone mentioned the demo program, which basically goes like this: You can demo the XM7 speakers for 30 days and if you dont like them, send them back. We even will pay freight for the return. We are pretty confident that you'll love them.

Last but not least, the XM7 comes with a standard 3 year warranty. Not sure how that stacks up to the other brands but we think we've got one heck of a solid built product that will stand the test of time.

Hope this helps guys. If I missed something or you have specific questions, shoot me an email to: [email protected] and I'll get you info.

peace!

Brian
Exile Audio

sandm
10-27-2009, 10:01 AM
good info.
if my boat was on a lift or outdoors, I'd be all over this brand. removability is a huge benefit for those that store outdoors to keep others from enjoying your hard work :)

mmandley
10-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Mr Lurk -

Thanks for the interest on the XM7. I've received a couple emails in the last few days from people on the Moomba forum asking for details. You guys must have a thirst for knowledge. Truth be told, people have given some pretty good feedback in what I've read on this forum. I'll give everyone a few more details.

- Exile & Samson: seems to be a lot of confusion on this. Basically we teamed up with Samson sports because Exile knows high end audio design and Samson knows everything in the world about wakeboard towers. So the bottom line is: you'll be seeing many new "best in class" marine products under the Exile and Samson brands. As it stands now, Exile offers the XM7 in black and chrome while Samson offers the S7 in chrome/chrome. (although they do have a few pair of black and black out there).

- The XM7 is the only HLCD speaker system that has a patented quick disconnect clamping system. It's really easy to use. Installers love it because you can mount the clamp itself on the tower and then click in the speaker after the fact. Consumers love the quick disconnect because you can take your speakers off at the end of the day and keep them safe.

- The XM7 ships with neoprene storage cases that come with the speakers. Other companies offer similar things but we just include them in the box.

- The XM7 is the only HLCD speaker that can swivel 360 degrees and still play music while doing it.

- The XM7 clamp design is actually two clamps in one. Some boat owners can direct fit the clamp directly into their towers while other boats will utilize the entire clamp. either way you can quick release the speaker as mentioned above. The best part is that the audio signal passes right through the clamp and that means no flying wires anywhere. Sure it looks nice, but it also is one less thing exposed to the elements.

- The hang height on the XM7 is fairly low as compared to other brands, and the weight is also pretty low comparatively speaking. All good things to think about when researching speakers.

All this nifty stuff over looks one thing... How the heck do they sound???? We've gone to great effort to provide a tonal quality that sounds great at 80feet as it does at 5 feet. not so easy to do in the marine environment.

Someone mentioned the demo program, which basically goes like this: You can demo the XM7 speakers for 30 days and if you dont like them, send them back. We even will pay freight for the return. We are pretty confident that you'll love them.

Last but not least, the XM7 comes with a standard 3 year warranty. Not sure how that stacks up to the other brands but we think we've got one heck of a solid built product that will stand the test of time.

Hope this helps guys. If I missed something or you have specific questions, shoot me an email to: [email protected] and I'll get you info.

peace!

Brian
Exile Audio

You have my full attention to these speakers right now. I got some KMT6 this year and i love the way they project and think they sound great. I would really like a higher quality speaker and would love to have removable speakers as my boat does sit on my street in the summer when im taking it out every day. It stays in the garage when im working and in bad weather, winter times. Removable speakers would make this whole event easier thats for sure. I have the Kicker 450.2 amp for the towers. I would think this is powerful enough for the Exiles? Id be interested in seeing them in person and hearing them also.

Brianinpdx
10-27-2009, 12:45 PM
mmandley - lol your local to us. If it was still summer I'd tell you to come by and we put a set on your tower and go for a test drive. Just give me a heads up and you can come over anytime. Makes for a real easy show and tell.

-Brian
Exile Audio

mmandley
10-27-2009, 01:03 PM
Cool man sounds good. I am hopping we can get that tour set up or something. I spoke to my lady and shes pretty excited to learn more about this stuff too. I can come by anytime Monday and Tuesdays. Id assume you have them set up as a display or something to see and hear?

Yea sucks summer is over now.

you da man
10-28-2009, 11:10 AM
You have my full attention to these speakers right now. I got some KMT6 this year and i love the way they project and think they sound great. I would really like a higher quality speaker and would love to have removable speakers as my boat does sit on my street in the summer when im taking it out every day. It stays in the garage when im working and in bad weather, winter times. Removable speakers would make this whole event easier thats for sure. I have the Kicker 450.2 amp for the towers. I would think this is powerful enough for the Exiles? Id be interested in seeing them in person and hearing them also.

If you ran one pair on the 450.2 it would be okay but if you wanted two pair I would get another 450.2 or a larger single amp.

mmandley
10-28-2009, 12:44 PM
If you ran one pair on the 450.2 it would be okay but if you wanted two pair I would get another 450.2 or a larger single amp.

Yea im thinking at the price they expect for these id start with 1 pair. I dont want to buy another amp right now, nor do i want to drop 1500 on my tower. 1 Set i think will work for now lol.

Lawdog
03-26-2010, 12:22 PM
So now that winter is over and I'm sure some people have done some winter projects, any feedback on either the Exile or Wetsounds speakers? I am looking into getting some tower speakers but the problem is I dont have a dealer anywhere close to me for either company. I bought my boat in October and I am picking it up next month, it didn't come with tower speakers though.

thesack
03-26-2010, 02:53 PM
Lawdog -

I have experience with both Exile and WS. Both are great companies with very good products. I originally purchased the XM7s to pair up with my 80s that I had. I choose to sell my 80s and purchase a second pair of XM7s because in my opinion the XM7s provided a much better sound quality in the boat and sounded just as good out at 80' for the rider.

Brian from Exile has been great to work with and gives excellent customer service. In fact I have 2 of there Xi800.4 amps and I had a slight problem with one of the having a turn off "pop." Since I am local to them he invited me to bring my boat up to them so the coils diagnose the problem. They did that and fixed the problem right then and there for me.

Mmandley on here has the XM7s in his boat if you go to the thread tilted Fierahs New Stereo you can watch a video from the other day that shows him giving a demo of his XM7s.

mmandley
03-26-2010, 04:34 PM
Answered your PM but all i can say is Hands Down i have no complaints with Exiles XM7s. I know im a bit biased as i have a full line up of Exile but truth be told dealing with Brian made me go from the idea of only 1 set of Exiles to a full on 7K stereo system with him.

Wish i could make a video of the stereo and how it sounds but even that doesn't do it justice in my mind.

The XM7s are just tops in my book, but not only that is the customer service you get with Brian. He takes it to another level, he truly wants each person to be happy with his speakers. He doesn't want you to be like ok they sound good, there cool. He wants each person to rant and rave how much they love them. For most of us on this forum we are Fanatics about our boats. We live and think about boating each day.

For Brian thats how Exile is to him. Its his passion, his bread and butter in life. I get emails from Brian at 7am and 12am which shows me how much he works, and with all the upgrades to the stereo i think hes more picky how it sounds then me.

Take the Sub box hes designing right now, i think it sounds incredible. Brain says " Yes Mike it sounds really great, but that Big 12 has more in it then that box can handle. We need to let Bill hear it, and fix whats wrong with it. Then we can release it to the pubic. I don't want out product to be ok, i want it to be the Best. "

Thats passion if you ask me.

EarmarkMarine
03-26-2010, 05:31 PM
Lawdog,

Your timing is excellent since there are currently a couple of great promotions right now through March 31st. Here's a link:

Promotional Packages (http://www.earmarkcaraudio.com/Xcart/home.php?cat=337)

David
Earmark Marine

jclevoy
03-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Lawdog,
I can tell you that with Exile you get INCREDIBLE personal service. Brian from Exile has been a key source of info and help during my ongoing install. I venture to say that Exile has to be one of the best for C/S.

See my install here........ (Tower speakers and Sub to follow)

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10493

c.rix
03-27-2010, 08:54 PM
Lawdog,
I can tell you that with Exile you get INCREDIBLE personal service. Brian from Exile has been a key source of info and help during my ongoing install. I venture to say that Exile has to be one of the best for C/S.

See my install here........ (Tower speakers and Sub to follow)

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=10493

Just from the 5 video tech tune post brianpdx put up I would say Exile !!!!!

When I win the lotto im getting all exile :)

LURK19
03-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Full circle. When I originally posted this my wife had just sealed the deal and bought me (I mean us) a new '09 LSV which should be delivered in the next couple of weeks. Since then I have talked to Brian on the phone, followed mmandley's install, and watched all the videos. Tonight just ordered 2 pairs of E7's & harpoon amp (thanks for heads up Dave).

2007 Outback V
03-28-2010, 05:34 PM
Hmmm, missed this post. LURK19, you've made a wise decision! I went with the XM7s as well for many of the reasons already pointed out in this thread. Awesome customer service paired with a great product and I was sold. No complaints from me!!! Thanks Brian.

Yea im thinking at the price they expect for these id start with 1 pair. I dont want to buy another amp right now, nor do i want to drop 1500 on my tower. 1 Set i think will work for now lol.

mmandley - as I read this post from you I had to laugh
Talk about a complete 180. Goes to show how great Exile is. I keep thinking about getting another set and the harpoon amp. To be able to control the towers the way the harpoon lets you is a HUGE plus. Brian, what is this spell you are casting over everyone!!! j/k LOL

c.rix
03-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Hmmm, missed this post. LURK19, you've made a wise decision! I went with the XM7s as well for many of the reasons already pointed out in this thread. Awesome customer service paired with a great product and I was sold. No complaints from me!!! Thanks Brian.

mmandley - as I read this post from you I had to laugh
Talk about a complete 180. Goes to show how great Exile is. I keep thinking about getting another set and the harpoon amp. To be able to control the towers the way the harpoon lets you is a HUGE plus. Brian, what is this spell you are casting over everyone!!! j/k LOL

whay did you pay for your set up ?

mmandley
03-30-2010, 08:39 PM
Sorry been a little slow posting on these latly lol on vacatn but in the luxor hotel in Vegas waiting on the ladies to shower so we can hit the town for a while.

As for what i paid for my gear?

apx 1800 for the 4 towers
700 for the Harpoon
700 for the 800.4
700 for 1500.1
700 for Big 12 as it has a special Voice coil and magnet
plus the sub box thats is very hard to price since its the first one built and it requires tons of testing.

Remember 400 is in high end cables, connectors, and fittings for everything.

All prices are estimates as i am not home to get the real figures. Brian has been more then fiar with all his pricing with me.

In my system i installed it all so if you start adding up labor fees then you can only imagine the real cost. I plan to finish the pictures and do a pretty nice write up on the system when i get back in Portland the 13th of April.

I havnt added the new battiers yet in the price eighter.

Id expect you to have to pay around 1K for the install work of it all.

jmvotto
03-30-2010, 08:45 PM
Mike,

Vegas, Enjoy I am soooooo jealous. Finally got the kicker amp bench tested, with the jumper pack, new tower pods and i pod. your right it screams and sounds great as well.

thx