PDA

View Full Version : Once again, muffler plug on DD?

Garn
10-22-2009, 11:08 AM
I am going to be winterizing my boat this Saturday following Cabs directions. I have a 2007 LS (direct drive). I cannot find that muffler plug that Cab says to drain anywhere! So three questions. One, is there a muffler plug on the LS? Two, If there is, where the heck is it? Three, If there is and I can't find it and don't drain it, how serious is that?

Thank you,

Garn

NCSUmoomba
10-22-2009, 11:56 AM
I don't think DD's have them. I have never seen one on my 2001 OB DD, and there is no mention of it in the manual.

viking
10-22-2009, 02:31 PM
my 07 does not have a rear drain plug. Only plug is in engine compartment in middle of the boat!

cab13367
10-22-2009, 03:48 PM
I am going to be winterizing my boat this Saturday following Cabs directions. I have a 2007 LS (direct drive). I cannot find that muffler plug that Cab says to drain anywhere! So three questions. One, is there a muffler plug on the LS? Two, If there is, where the heck is it? Three, If there is and I can't find it and don't drain it, how serious is that?

Thank you,

Garn

Garn,

It would be along the low point of the muffler (obviously) so if you checked along the bottom of the muffler and you didn't find it, don't worry about it. Maybe only the V-drives have them.

Al

DOCDRS
10-22-2009, 05:03 PM
Garn , never drained my 99 ls dd would be a pain as i would have to remove back floor panel......they were pretty much self draining and since the were round oval the little amount of water left in them never hurt them and i'm where it gets to -20 in the winter. The post you have read here are for v drives which have a diff muffler setup. My dd had 2 mufflers as well, one for each exhaust. If your going to the trouble of checking for these plugs , ya might as well do a prop shaft alignment also as your right there