PDA

View Full Version : Outback Owners please help

05-07-2004, 08:54 AM
Hi All,
Im a first time poster, looking at purchasing my first moomba. Im lookig to purchase a boat that would be used for cruising the lake and for lots of wakeboarding. Im not interested in skiing at all. Im also intersetd in keeping the price under 30k, so a V drive is out of the question. After doing some research, and talking to the dealer it seems that the outback LS or Mobius would be a better choice for wakeboarding.

Problem: Due to his alotment, my nearest dealer only has a base Outback in stock, and he cant get cant any other boats this year.

Can anyone tell me their experience with the outback as a wakeboard boat? Hows the wake? Should I wait for an LS or go for the base outback?

Thanks for any info you might be able to provide,
Steve D.

stephend
05-07-2004, 08:55 AM
My original post was lost, here it is again........

Hi All,
Im a first time poster, looking at purchasing my first moomba. Im lookig to purchase a boat that would be used for cruising the lake and for lots of wakeboarding. Im not interested in skiing at all. Im also intersetd in keeping the price under 30k, so a V drive is out of the question. After doing some research, and talking to the dealer it seems that the outback LS or Mobius would be a better choice for wakeboarding.

Problem: Due to his alotment, my nearest dealer only has a base Outback in stock, and he cant get cant any other boats this year.

Can anyone tell me their experience with the outback as a wakeboard boat? Hows the wake? Should I wait for an LS or go for the base outback?

Thanks for any info you might be able to provide,
Steve D.

MEDIC151
05-07-2004, 09:05 AM
I have the outback ls/mobius. The only difference when I bought mine in 02 was that the Mobius had the cage and ballast system standard, when the outback did not. Mine came with the cage and the ballast but has Outback LS on the side. The dealer ordered it that way and was going to change the decals to Mobius but I bought it before that happened. I have been really pleased with the wake even without filling the ballast. I don't know that much about the base model outback, but I can't imagine that it is that much different than mine. Some of these other guys might know of a difference.

Medic

TheBeeZ
05-07-2004, 09:29 AM
I have the LS. It has the ballast in the center and one under the back seat. The wake is very good if your a intermidiate or less rider. If your better than that we add a fat sack in the back and possibly small ones on either side of the clam shell. The wake shapes in either case is very good. This is a good choice for a wakeboarding boat

suvlako
07-13-2004, 05:01 PM
YOU WILL BE MUCH HAPPIER WITH THE MOBIUS. tHE HULL IS DEEPER THAN THE OUTBACK AND BETTER FOR WAKEBOARDNG. i JUST BOUGHT MINE AND I AM SO GLAD THAT I GOT THE MOBIUS INSTED OF THE OUTBACK. aRT

noneya
07-13-2004, 05:35 PM
Outback LS and Mobius are the same boat, just the Mobius has standard some of the optional stuff in the Outback LS. Regular (non-LS) outback is a different boat.

The wake on the LS will be much much better than that of the non-LS (I've had both) also the non-LS only comes with a rear balalst, where the LS has a front and rear available. Definetly get all the built in ballast available, hard to add after the fact