PDA

View Full Version : What alternator do I Need???

2000Kamberra
10-17-2009, 09:05 PM
Hello Everyone. I'm new here and new to moomba. I just bought a 2000 kamberra about two months ago and have put 40 hours on it. My alternator stopped charging so I need to replace it. It has the basic 4 speaker sound system with no amps, light or extras. which alternator do you guys recommend and where is the best place to order it. It's also a Indmar 5.7

Thanks,
Justin

Razzman
10-17-2009, 11:11 PM
Contact DB Electrical online, they have awesome deals on marine alts and can up your amps to accommodate your system.

viking
10-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Another related question - if you are adding an amp or two to your system and second battery........should you change out and upgrade an alternator too? Just thought about it from this thread.

Razzman
10-18-2009, 10:08 AM
The stock alt on later model boats is more than up to the task, unless of course your running mega amps and parking and playing tunes until you drain the batt, but even then all a bigger alt will do is charge things faster.

Mountainman
10-20-2009, 11:04 AM
If you are un sure of whic one to get just get it rebuilt as there are alot of place which rebuild them.Then you will not have to worry about have one that does not work properly.

Cheers Mountainman