PDA

View Full Version : Favorite cold BEER/adult beverage for sipping and boating?

WaterBullDawg1980
10-16-2009, 07:23 PM
Obviously this means in moderation. Thats why they call them "adult beverages". And if your a non drinker, thats fine too!

And for fun, why not throw in your favorite boat friendly snacks.......
(I'm really missing hot lake weather right now)

So I am going to go with some smooth Jeremiah Weed Half and Half. Mmmmm..mmmm good!

Snacks are always a pain on my boat. I try my best to be laid back, but it doesn't always work. But if I had to choose, I would say those big pretzels, plain white popcorn, or beef jerky.

What say you?
:cool:

RobertJ
10-16-2009, 08:12 PM
Cola Slupree (only form 7/11, no slushees for me) and Cheese brats right off the grill mounted on the bow. If I can't get a cola slurpee a caffine free diet pepsi is the next best.

WaterBullDawg1980
10-16-2009, 09:42 PM
Cola Slupree (only form 7/11, no slushees for me) and Cheese brats right off the grill mounted on the bow. If I can't get a cola slurpee a caffine free diet pepsi is the next best.

mmm...cheeessse braaats....

skiyaker
10-16-2009, 09:56 PM
oh man we love the "boat snacks" anything salty but nothing orange like cheetos and NO BROWNIES!!! love the mini baby bel cheese, toss in some bagel crisps and hummus. salt and vinegar chips. gimme a smoked chicken salad wrap too.

I think there was a discussion about the best boat water and I think coors light was near the top. But last weekend we had some hot chocolate with creme de menthe. Hit the spot in the colder weather.

sandm
10-16-2009, 10:57 PM
we are all about the jerky, pringles, and little debbie swiss rolls/spitz seeds for my sis' bf.
gotta be peppered jerky though...

as far as the "adult beverages" go, probably going to get some flack for this one, but if it's a day trip, coors light, but if we are camping, it's keystone.

cab13367
10-16-2009, 11:56 PM
For beverages, it's Full Sail Amber Ale (local brew) for me and Mike's Hard Lemonade for my wife (yes, we take bottles on the boat).

As far as snacks, if it was up to me, they would be banned but I lose that battle. We try to stay with fresh fruit (strawberries, grapes, cut up watermelon and canteloupe) but enivitably, other snacks make it on board. No Cheetos, Doritos, Oreos, etc. though.

viking
10-17-2009, 12:08 AM
General Rules on our Boat:
No Doritos
No Cheeto's
No Bottles
No Shoes

With the kids it's hard to not have snacks and lunch when we take day trips and overnight camping (pretty much the only way to boat where I live).
As far at barley pops.........BL Lime was the taste of choice this last summer.

newty
10-17-2009, 12:28 AM
Bud Light Lime has won my liver over!!
I also like a little Pendelton Whisky and coke/Dr Pepper.
The wife loves mikes too.

I'm going to get one of those tailgators soon. Its a 2 stroke blender, for margs and daq's. Should be fun.

That heart healthy white cheese popcorn is always a crowd pleaser. And it doesn't stain.
I can sit a whole bag of twizzlers in the boat but I don't like sharing because one always ends up smashed between the cushions.

I need to look into one of those boat BBQ's. I saw one on craigslist for $50 and passed it over. (such and idiot)

you da man
10-17-2009, 05:33 AM
A big hit on my boat so far has been my Black & Decker cordless blender which can get about 10 pitchers (approx 30 drinks) per charge on the versa-pack batteries. I'm not a beer drinker on boats but I will usually have a bottle of Bailey's on board for a glass full on ice just before we put the boat up on the trailer. As mentioned earlier, no Doritos, Cheetos, or Hot Fries on the boat. Usually Pringles, jerky, and usually several choices of deli meats and sandwich ingredients to make sandwiches.

jmvotto
10-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Mic Ultra, heiny light. Cans only
sour apple vodka tonics
sand wedge, vodka, fresca, a litte orange juice
sustitute orange for cranberry juice and you got your self a 1 iron

of course in spill proof tumbler

snacks are usually cheese crackers and cold cuts

i like the cordless blender idea:D

tazz3069
10-17-2009, 09:18 AM
Boat Beer Um Since we do not allow glass in our boat, I would have to say that Bud Light in a can or Aluminum bottle is the choice for beer in the boat. If we were out of the boat, then it would be nothing but imports. Sorry guys. As for the snacks, sky's the the limit. The only ting that is not allow is Cheetos. I love them, just not in the boat. That orange stuff really stains and is a pain to get out.

WaterBullDawg1980
10-17-2009, 11:27 AM
Yuengling! I prefer it in bottles, but cans are ok.

I also like regular Coors and an occasional Iron City or Rolling Rock (my home town beers).

Any kind of food is fine. I especially like jalapeno dorito's and chicken wings (mild sauce for now) are highly appreciated.

Rules on my boat:

While floating around the water, you have to be able to fling your empty beer can into the boat from thirty feet away.

if you sit in the bow, don't get pissed when I get you wet. I will take a roller over the bow just to see your reaction.

If you wear shoes into my boat, oh well, I guess you wore shoes into my boat.

If you worry about getting the upholstery wet and want to sit on a towel, I'll drop you off so you can go sit in your car.

Don't move to the rear of the boat to eat the sub you brought. Sit in your wet seat and eat. The rear of the boat is for peeing so you can make room for more Yeungling.

This is the best post ever. HA!

WaterBullDawg1980
10-17-2009, 11:34 AM
As far as real food, the cold cuts are the way to go. My wife is good about separating the bread so as not to get soggy waiting on me to eat. Another good one: Fresh tomato sandwiches. Put some pepper jack cheese, small amount of real mayo and my little spice mix on top. MMMMMMMM Cant beat it with a stick.

WaterBullDawg1980
10-17-2009, 11:38 AM
A big hit on my boat so far has been my Black & Decker cordless blender which can get about 10 pitchers (approx 30 drinks) per charge on the versa-pack batteries. I'm not a beer drinker on boats but I will usually have a bottle of Bailey's on board for a glass full on ice just before we put the boat up on the trailer. As mentioned earlier, no Doritos, Cheetos, or Hot Fries on the boat. Usually Pringles, jerky, and usually several choices of deli meats and sandwich ingredients to make sandwiches.

I enjoy the Baileys as well. Goes great with a summer day on the lake.

Great thing about it is it will be perfect for tomorrow when we take my sister in law's family out. It's going to be about 55-60 degrees and sunny. Calm winds.

KT Mobius
10-17-2009, 11:57 AM
We go with a nice chardonnay for the evening, however in the afternoon I will have Widmere heff with lemon, or a vodka and cranberry. The youngsters always go with juice boxes and somehow fried chicken makes it aboard as well.

mmandley
10-17-2009, 01:15 PM
We genraly have tons of bottles water, diet snapple tea for Claudia and plenty of Cystal light packs for the water.

I like water mainly in the start of the day. Chase that with a few Coors Lights after my wake boarding is done. Beer before Surfing always makes it better. Beer before Wakeboarding and i suddenly forget to hold the handle.

Snacks, we tend to go with our diet foods mostly last summer. When friends came it was anything is ok but you stain my boat and i beat your ass while i mug you for money to get new upholstry. And dont expect an invite back LOL.

Mostly is was salt vinagar chips, jerky, ranch doritoes, sub sammich.

Have to add im lucky in Claudia doesnt drink at all so we always have a sober driver. Built in DD

Razzman
10-17-2009, 01:28 PM
I only have a few rules on the boat;

Nothing orange or red, solid or liquid. Don't like removing stains.
No shoes, I like my stuff to last and I don't like repairing stuff due to stupidity.

We have two small plastic tubs that are under the front storage. We call 'em the "Snack Shacks", one for chips and jerky and the other cookies, crackers, etc. Fruit and lunch in a softside in the locker.

Bottles are ok but if you bring 'em then your carrying 'em out too!
I allow myself one Mike's Hard or MGD 64 at lunch and that's it. Last thing i need is a BUI. If camping and once back at camp for the day the Captain Morgan and cokes come out, been known to kill a bottle between a couple of us many times each night :p

Oh yeah, almost forgot. You WON'T find imported or those nasty micro-brewed beer imitations on my boat or my camp cooler either, can't stand that stuff.

sandm
10-17-2009, 08:19 PM
we have the no red and orange rule as well.
bottles are off limits as our lakes do not allow bottles at all. only cans and they crush easy. my sis' bf doesn't drink, so he usually is relegated to dd duties on those occasional days that the beer flows :)

widmer hef is my fav. beer, but since it's not in cans, hasn't made it on the boat yet. we use the useless factory cooler for the snack shack. we take a 7day 100can cooler to keep on the dock and a 24can cooler for outings on the boat. nice to have docks to park at during the day while resting..

I try to keep the shoes rule as well, but inlaws are getting old, so a couple of exceptions.
most of us wear cheap flipflops during summer so off they come prior to boarding.

graybmg
10-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I'm a newbie so I don't have any rules yet. Guess that's why I have orange Doritos dust on the floor (niece/nephew) and footprints on the seats. But I do load the cooler (hidden in the ski locker, hoping the cops won't look there) with cheap Miller lite. Or Yuengling. Then I offer the young lads at the marina a beer when they put my boat back in storage 'cause I'm too cheap to tip. (hoping they are at least 21) Oh, we have water and Gatorade too. And I always get my ski run in before the beer. But sometimes a beer or two gives me that fearless umphh that I need for an awesome run.

WaterBullDawg1980
10-18-2009, 09:41 AM
I am the same way about food. My wife thinks I am the boat nazi. But preventative measures are always better than dealing with the problem after the fact.

Don't you love it that all of us will sit in our boat while it is not on the water and drink beer? HA! I have personally done this 3-4 times this past month as there simply has been horrible weather in Ga lately. But good news for me today! About 60 degrees and sunny which means I am going on the water for a little fall ride in T-Minus 1 hour.

csm
10-18-2009, 05:14 PM
I don't think my lake allows bottles, so out of a can, I try to stay true to my Texas roots and drink Shiner Bock... or if I'm feeling cheap, Lone Star.

As far as food, can't beat jerky. Easy to eat, pretty healthy compared to other snacks, and not messy.

graybmg
10-18-2009, 05:35 PM
Hey waterbulldawg, I was out there too. Water temp 66 degrees, wore my shortie wasn't so bad. Nice day on the lake. Kinda felt like summer was still here. A bit breezy though.

moombadaze
10-18-2009, 08:02 PM
we drink water when out on the boat. when we get home i will have a couple light beers and call it a day.