PDA

View Full Version : Ever at the office, but not really there?

WaterBullDawg1980
10-16-2009, 12:43 PM
I feel like that today. All I can do is look outside and see the sun and count down the hours until I can officially call "game on" for the weekend.

Thinking about doing a little evening cruise when I get off. Its a little chilly (for Ga) but not enough for me to start my heater project early. I believe it is about 61 out there now. Should be around 45-50 when I am out there. That is considered "brisk" right? Thats how I am going to pitch it to the wife at least.

Anyone else going for a ride today/tonight?

Sharpie647
10-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Wish I could... but had to do a quick drain of the engine block last night because it was snowing. YES...SNOWING...... It was only 32 and never got colder but it started to make me a little nervous. Most of the neighbors boats are still in the water but of course I just pulled mine out for a good cleaning. Had intention of going for a cruise on sunday but I don't think the weather is going to let me.

newty
10-16-2009, 01:30 PM
We are supposed to get 2 inches of rain tonight, and I have to take my boat in to get the rear axle replaced tomorrow morning.

WaterBullDawg1980
10-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I can't believe you guys are getting snow already. It just seems so early. Although I swear it is getting colder each year.

So much for global warming.

10-16-2009, 01:46 PM
38 degres and snow on the ground right now in Canada. We are heading out wakeboarding in an hour. I will post pics for sure. CHILLY!

ABUCKOTOMAMBO
10-16-2009, 01:49 PM
"I can't believe you guys are getting snow already. It just seems so early. Although I swear it is getting colder each year."

Has anyone informed Al Gore of this?

WaterBullDawg1980
10-16-2009, 02:17 PM
38 degres and snow on the ground right now in Canada. We are heading out wakeboarding in an hour. I will post pics for sure. CHILLY!

That is hardcore. I need to remind my family of this when they say it is too cold to go out.

What type of heater system do you have? I am looking into one, but am at the start of my research.

WaterBullDawg1980
10-16-2009, 02:19 PM
"I can't believe you guys are getting snow already. It just seems so early. Although I swear it is getting colder each year."

Has anyone informed Al Gore of this?

No kidding.

sandm
10-16-2009, 02:32 PM
72 here today. put the boat away last weekend, so maybe a quick ride on the bike this weekend instead :)

sucks to hear snow in some areas, but it's coming, and I hope it hits hard. snowpack makes for good boarding next year.....

mmandley
10-16-2009, 04:35 PM
hopefully be riding tomorrow. I need to feel my new speakers while surfing.

I hope you mean HEAR because of you FEEL them you didnt tighten the bolts enough

haha

Sharpie647
10-16-2009, 05:47 PM
I hope you mean HEAR because of you FEEL them you didnt tighten the bolts enough

haha

Maybe Ed is going to play a real inspirational song so he can really "feel" the sweet spot and ride the wave forever.

WaterBullDawg1980
10-16-2009, 06:21 PM
It's probably gonna be a Van Halen Greatest hits CD...especially "running with the devil"!

NICE ONE!! I myself like Molly Hatchet-"Flirting with Disaster". Or maybe some Zeppelin, G&R, AC/DC, Rush....the list goes on and on....Hell, I may even throw on a little Foghat.

As long as you didn't say Michael Bolton then your ok in my book. :)

sandm
10-16-2009, 06:26 PM
that "no talent a-- clown"

quick.. name that movie :)

WaterBullDawg1980
10-16-2009, 06:47 PM
It's probably gonna be a Van Halen Greatest hits CD...especially "running with the devil"!

that "no talent a-- clown"

quick.. name that movie :)

Haha! "I pretty much celebrate his entire catalog.

deerfield
10-16-2009, 10:21 PM
On a road trip through rural West Virginia I lost all radio reception. Desperate for something to keep me awake, I stopped at one of those mini mart gas stations and bought a music CD - the only one on the rack that was NOT country. Band was called Lynard Skynard. I had heard of the name but did not know much else about it. The CD was labeled "Extended Versions The Encore Collection." Titles included What's Your name, We Ain't Much Different, Bernice, Free Bird, Sweet Home Alabama, Home is Where the Heart Is, ORR, Bring It On, You Got that Right, and Travelin' Man. I must have listened to that CD a half dozen times. The speakers were smoking when I dropped off the rental car. Needless to say, I still have that gem and play it when I'm all alone in the car on the way to the lake. THAT is music!

Waynes345
10-17-2009, 12:40 AM
NICE ONE!! I myself like Molly Hatchet-"Flirting with Disaster". Or maybe some Zeppelin, G&R, AC/DC, Rush....the list goes on and on....Hell, I may even throw on a little Foghat.
:)

I still have issues with my ears from my Molly Hatchet "Flirting with Disaster" days. A buddy of mine had a smokin' '78 Yamaha XS 1100 with the album cover picture on the gas tank. I've now got that album in the Southern Rock playlist on my ipod if I ever need to get things cranked up. If we're going retro, you can keep the Rush, but "The Best of Foghat", now that'll get you going too.

WaterBullDawg1980
10-17-2009, 11:45 AM
I still have issues with my ears from my Molly Hatchet "Flirting with Disaster" days. A buddy of mine had a smokin' '78 Yamaha XS 1100 with the album cover picture on the gas tank. I've now got that album in the Southern Rock playlist on my ipod if I ever need to get things cranked up. If we're going retro, you can keep the Rush, but "The Best of Foghat", now that'll get you going too.

HA! I hear ya. Molly will get things moving. The Rush is an influence from my mother actually. She was and is still into the progressive rock genre. I enjoy their drummer and a good bit of their guitar riffs, but I agree that for the most part you can keep em on the proverbial ipod shelf.

Best of Foghat? Goooooooood music.

WaterBullDawg1980
10-17-2009, 11:51 AM
On a road trip through rural West Virginia I lost all radio reception. Desperate for something to keep me awake, I stopped at one of those mini mart gas stations and bought a music CD - the only one on the rack that was NOT country. Band was called Lynard Skynard. I had heard of the name but did not know much else about it. The CD was labeled "Extended Versions The Encore Collection." Titles included What's Your name, We Ain't Much Different, Bernice, Free Bird, Sweet Home Alabama, Home is Where the Heart Is, ORR, Bring It On, You Got that Right, and Travelin' Man. I must have listened to that CD a half dozen times. The speakers were smoking when I dropped off the rental car. Needless to say, I still have that gem and play it when I'm all alone in the car on the way to the lake. THAT is music!

Wow. This is what I like to hear. Even though I am an old man now since I am turning 29 next month, I was raised on Skynyrd. Being from Georgia or really the South in general, you wholeheartedly accept them as your the band that explains to the rest of the country who we are down here. :) And of course you have to accept Freebird as the national anthem.

But seriously, what a find for you. Awesome guitar, awesome vocals, great lake music period.

Give a listen to Gimme Back my Bullets, Curtis Lowe, Saturday Night Special to name a few that will get the boat a rocking. :)

bjames
10-19-2009, 05:28 PM
My boat is already in storage... Try sitting in the office thinking its only 5200 hours till your next boat ride :(

viking
10-19-2009, 06:28 PM
What - I'm not at the office. Oh wait, YES I am. I should try and get something done. Why am I on the Moomba Forum then. Hmmmmm

kaneboats
10-23-2009, 02:28 PM
Being from Georgia or really the South in general, you wholeheartedly accept them as your the band that explains to the rest of the country who we are down here. :) And of course you have to accept Freebird as the national anthem.
. . .
Give a listen to Gimme Back my Bullets, Curtis Lowe, Saturday Night Special to name a few that will get the boat a rocking. :)

I think he may be ready for Credence, Allman Bros., etc. but there's nothing like Skynrd. I think 3 of the top 5 southern rock songs of all time on one of those list shows were Skynrd songs.