PDA

View Full Version : What is a fair price?

Swamp Star
10-15-2009, 03:23 PM
Im thinkin about sellin my boat and wantin some oppinions on a fair price. Its a 1993 Boomerang 19' with a 190hp 5.0 around 550hrs, has as 3" monster tower JVC radio 2 6 1/2" tower speakers and a 12 under the bow. The boat is clean interior is about a 7 1/2 outta 10 floor is soild. I just put a new carb all new MSD ignition and fully tuned it up. Im thinkin around $7200 obo. What do yall think to high or too low?

This is the only pic i have of it at the moment.
http://i526.photobucket.com/albums/cc347/caterpillar953b1/Nothin%20but%20Grizz/P6080365.jpg

sandm
10-15-2009, 03:35 PM
buddy bought a '94 moomba. paid 5500 with a brand new rebuilt motor, no tower, interior 7 or so, exterior in good shape.. he got a steal from a guy that needed cash on the spot back in march..

have seen several on craigslist in the 7-9k range for similar boats. I'm thinking if you want a quick sell, that's a good price, knowing someone will probably offer 6500 or so. personally, I think it's a little low, but it's all in how motivated you are and how quickly you need the $$..

glws.. boat looks nice....

sandm
10-15-2009, 05:26 PM
btw, for comparison, this one has been sitting for months. it's pretty clean..
http://boise.craigslist.org/boa/1386506025.html

this one is a newer listing. not sure if it did sell..
http://boise.craigslist.org/boa/1385567813.html

red seemed to be a popular color out here :)

maxpower220
10-15-2009, 07:59 PM
A "fair" price is one that makes both the buyer and the seller happy at the end of the transaction.

Swamp Star
10-16-2009, 06:14 PM
Thanks for the input. Im not in a big hurry to sell it but I just dont wanna pay the payments over the winter with it sittin in the garage. That makes me sound like a slacker I know. Only reason I really wanna sell it is I need a open bow seein how I have 2 kids and a wife and my brother always goes with me with his 2 kids and wife so this one gets a little cramped.

Also thanks for all the complements on my boat that makes me pround. Its the only one I've seen around here with the color scheme.

viking
10-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Thanks for the input. Im not in a big hurry to sell it but I just dont wanna pay the payments over the winter with it sittin in the garage. That makes me sound like a slacker I know. Only reason I really wanna sell it is I need a open bow seein how I have 2 kids and a wife and my brother always goes with me with his 2 kids and wife so this one gets a little cramped.

Also thanks for all the complements on my boat that makes me pround. Its the only one I've seen around here with the color scheme.

I hear ya! We upgraded to an ouback open bow this last season from 90 Supra for that reason. With the kiddo's and guests it get's tight! I'd like the room of the XLV but not the payments. Plus it wouldn't fit in my garage :)

Swamp Star
10-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I hear that viking i havent tried to get this one in my garage yet(i bought it first of the summer and its been under a cover) but im about to winterize it and stuff it in there i hope seein how i have 1 monster 4-wheeler 1 small 4-wheeler and a 250f dirt bike in there but the can move 2 my neighbors shop;)