PDA

View Full Version : kenwood kca-rc50mr remote

soakupthesun
05-05-2004, 07:57 PM
Hello does anyone know if you can hook up more than one remote to the radio? I have the one on the dash and would like to put on on the back.

MEDIC151
05-05-2004, 08:05 PM
What year model is your boat? I was going to have one installed on the rear as well, but my 02 doesn't have the output for it so I will have to get a new stereo. I was quoted at 150.00 to put another remote on it, of course that was before I was told that I would need a new stereo.

Medic

soakupthesun
05-05-2004, 08:11 PM
2002 outback ls

MEDIC151
05-06-2004, 10:42 AM
I have the exact same boat, just red and white. Yours is probably the same as far as the extra remote is concerned, but i would ask the dealership just in case your stereo is a different model.

Medic

SkiKY
05-12-2004, 02:25 PM
You can add as many of the remotes as you like. I installed a transom remote to go with the dash remote and it works great. There are 4 wires to hook up. The power, ground and lights wires can be hooked to any power/ground source (you'll have to do some soldering because the wires are too fine for a crimp connection). The 4th wire is the actual signal to the radio and it just needs to be spliced into the signal wire from the existing remote. If you've ever installed a stereo you should be able to manage the installation of the remote. Do a search on Ebay and there is seller (brokeagainsplace) who is constantly selling them for around $40.

MEDIC151
05-15-2004, 09:14 AM
So are you saying that with the existing stereo with out the extra output, I can just splice in to the original? If so, that would be alot cheaper than a new stereo just to add another remote. How hard was it to mount it to the transom?

Medic

SkiKY
05-16-2004, 07:49 PM
That's right. Just splice the signal wire from the new remote into the signal wire from the old remote. The radio doesn't need to know which remote the signal is coming from, it just needs to receive a signal.

It was easy to mount to the transom. The remote has two approx. 1/4" by 2" studs coming off the back. Just drill the two small holes in the transom for the studs, a slightly larger center hole for the wires, insert the remote and tighten the nuts on the backside.