PDA

View Full Version : Test CD for setting amplifier gain

cab13367
10-14-2009, 03:36 PM
I just bought a JL Audio M6600 amp and the instruction manual says to use a Test CD Disc (item #503CD104) to properly set the gain on the amp. Does anyone have one they can mail to me and I will mail back? I don't want to spend $10 + shipping on the thing to use it once unless I have to.

Thanks,

Al

Hoopskier
10-14-2009, 04:44 PM
I have that same amplifier. I never bought the cd nor borrowed one to set my gains. I used common sense, turned them up slowly until seamed about correct with volume setting, just like I did for any other ampilifier that I have purchased in the past. For me the gains we just about right when I received mine. I think that the cd is for that perfect settings and I'm not that picky. Not using mine for competition use. Not trying for skier to hear music, just for passangers while cruising or parked.

my setup is one cabin speaker per channel, no tower speakers.

jmvotto
10-14-2009, 05:00 PM
The audio whiz kid at the dealer tuned mine, not sure if they used a cd or not, but it sounded good when i got it. otherwise if i had one i would send it to you.

Check itunes you can probably download it to your ipod.

Razzman
10-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Al, they pretty much all say that and it's not necessary as it really does no good unless you have a meter anyway. I'll post a response that Phil White from Kicker posted on another forum on how to do it. I do it this way and it works perfect.