PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting my Outback this weekend

dewey
05-03-2004, 08:36 PM
I am happy to announce that I will be receiving my new Outback this week and I can't wait to hit the water with it this weekend. I have read a lot of post where people have said they have had bilge problems on their new Moombas. How concerned should I be about this? Also, I have read that many people have very inconsistent reads from their fuel gauges, how many gallons per hour should I expect to burn under normal slalom conditions between 34 and 36 mph? I upgraded to the 320 EFI w/ a 4 blade stainless prop. Anything else inparticular I should keep an eye out for? Also how many hours should I put on the engine before I ski behind her? I am like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning!!!! This may be one of the longest weeks of my life until it arrives.
Terry

Buddy
05-03-2004, 09:38 PM
Just want to say congrats on your new boat i just got mine too man its a blast getting out on it for the first time once it hits 30 just punch it and watch how fast it can get to top speed its pretty crazy. about the fuel guage mine was pretty accurate so you dont really have to worry about that just go out and have fun

05-03-2004, 09:42 PM
they recommend putting atleast 7 hours on her before running over 3000 rpms for a long period of time but you can pretty much ski the first day if you want

Buddy
05-03-2004, 09:50 PM
they say put 7 hours on it before running over 3000 rpms for a period of time this is my new boat 04 mobius lsv so happy

Schmitter
06-01-2004, 07:21 PM
I picked my 04 Outback about 8.1 engine hours ago. I have only seen two fragments of fiberglass shavings in the bilge area. My I have I picked the boat up with just over 1 hour on the meter, most of which I put on during the test drive. I have added one quart of oil, after religously checking the dipstick. The transmission level seems fine. My I did not recieve any manuals for the accessories on the boat, such as the stereo or speedometers (instructions for changing the paddle wheel?). My dealer did not feel inclined to throw in the USCG vests for me, because my dad bought a boat from them and they seemed to think that we would just share. Lame huh? Overall impressions of the boat, AWESOME. I love it. I was just going to get my first run on it, and the weather turned on me, so I have to wait till next weekend. I will check back after that.