PDA

View Full Version : New Mobius LSV

Bigblue
05-03-2004, 11:26 AM
I am new to the site and have found many great tips on things. I am a first time boat owner and I choose to purchase the 04 mobius LSV (Ski and want to get into Wakeboarding). My wife and I love the boat but we had a problem our first time out. After about 6 hours I went to give it throttle and the boat did not have any foward power (The RPM on the engin would not come up in foward, But would in reverse). It had reverse and would limp foward. Luckly I was close to my trailer. My dealer said they could not find anything wrong with the boat. I was planing on going to take it to the lake this weekend and did not want to get stuck out across the lake. Do you guys have any sug. on what the problem might be?

Thanks,

db7
05-03-2004, 12:10 PM
Thats a sharp looking boat, I like the color combo.

That sounds really odd that the dealer couldnt find anything wrong with the boat. Did they actualy run the boat to see if they could duplicate the problem?
Years ago that happened to my friends Ski Centurion, it ended up being a broken throttle cable. Although I dont remember if we were able to get the RPMs up in reverse.
Are you able to rev the engine with the transmision lock out button pushed in. Or are you able to open the engine cover and manually rev the engine at the carb?
I'm no mechanic but your problem does sound familiar. Hope your able to find the problem before your trip to the lake.

Bigblue
05-03-2004, 12:44 PM
Yes they took it for a test drive down the river. Still could not find anything wrong. I did not try to rev the engine with the transmision lock out button pushed in. I did not open the engine cover and manually rev the engine at the carb. I was ticked at the time. If it happens again I will try to keep a cool head and try this.

Buddy
05-03-2004, 09:53 PM
nice boat i have the same one but diff color how you liking your new boat better then you thought it would be

Shoemaker Mobius
05-04-2004, 05:32 PM
How are you inserting the jpg pictures? I tried before but it would never work.

Yellowmobius
05-05-2004, 08:27 AM
Bigblue,

Hey if you are lowering the tower you might want to check out my RackJack.

http://www.wakezone.biz/rackjack.htm

needmoomba
05-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Hello...

Does anyone know the height out of water of the folded down cage of a typically loaded down LSV. I want to buy the LSV, but want to make sure I can get under a bridge in our area. Any help appreciated.

P.S. What is the delivery time on the jackrabbit.

Kevin

needmoomba
05-07-2004, 09:48 AM
Hello...

Does anyone know the height out of water of the folded down cage of a typically loaded down LSV. I want to buy the LSV, but want to make sure I can get under a bridge in our area. Any help appreciated.

P.S. What is the delivery time on the jackrabbit.

Kevin