PDA

View Full Version : Water under Ski locker in the hull

Mountainman
10-07-2009, 03:13 PM
I have have a 2006 LSV and I winterized it on the weekend.When cleaning up the boat before I store it for the winter I notice in the front ski locker that there kept being water coming into the ski locker even after I bailed out the water and wiper it down.After checking it all out I noticed a litte pin hole in the floor where the water had been coming out.So I was puch on the floor of the ski locker and that when I noticed that there was quit a bit of water in there.When I steped on it with my foot you could here the water swishing aound in there.

My question is where did the water come from?(I am assumming ballest bag or when un hooking the backs ect.

The next question I have is how the hell am going to get this water out before freeze up?

Any help on this matter would be great

Cheers:confused::confused:

tazz3069
10-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Call your dealer right away. Water in the hull is not normal.

Iowa05LSV
10-11-2009, 07:52 PM
Mountainman,
We had the exact same issue last year on our 05 LSV. The dealer was able to cut a hole in the locker floor and slowly drain the water from the hull/foam. Once that was done, they discovered a crack in the tube that connects the ski locker to the rear bildge. The fixed that crack and thankfully our boat is 100% dry this year. We aren't the only ones that have had this happen (based on my scan of the forum posts when this occured last year), but this isn't very frequent.
Good luck,
Iowa05LSV

Mountainman
10-12-2009, 05:44 PM
Hey Iowa05LSV thanksa for the heads up on that I will tale a look at it see what I can see where did they cut the hole in the locker cause if it worked for them I am asuning it is the same problem and should work for me.Let me know where they cut the hole.I know it would not be much to re fibreglass the hole as worked with fibreglass before.

Cheers Mountainman

Mountainman
10-12-2009, 06:16 PM
I was wondering if I tilted the boat up or so the nose of the boat is in the air do you think this would get the water out just so I can store it for the winter?

Cheers Mountainman

Iowa05LSV
10-13-2009, 09:29 PM
The put the hole (about 2" circular hole) right at the back of the locker. Let me know if you'd like me to post a picture for you to reference.

I tried tilting the boat on the ramp, in a parkng lot, then finally in my garage last fall (I had it to the point that the prop guard on the trailer was on the garage floor). Since the water came in through that crack in the pipe, that crack is also the only way out, so it won't drain.

I should also mention that this was covered under warrenty for me, so that might make the decision easier for if you choose to tackle it yourself.
Good luck,
Iowa05LSV

twaynejackson
10-13-2009, 10:16 PM
Having the same leaky issue with 2008. Just spent the last hour with wet vac. Pulled the ballast bag to fill and look for leaks, None. Next I guess I'll have to check the fittings ? Is it possible that if the ballast bag is over full that the water would spray back out of the connections ? I wonder if the water can get in with people getting back in the boat wet ?

Help needed !

Thanks

cab13367
10-13-2009, 10:55 PM
Having the same leaky issue with 2008. Just spent the last hour with wet vac. Pulled the ballast bag to fill and look for leaks, None. Next I guess I'll have to check the fittings ? Is it possible that if the ballast bag is over full that the water would spray back out of the connections ? I wonder if the water can get in with people getting back in the boat wet ?

Help needed !

Thanks

twayne,

Unfortunately, the ski locker is about the lowest point on the boat. Water will drain from the bilge to under the gas tank (under the floor of the main cabin) to the ski locker. Some people have plugged the ski locker drain for that reason. I am fortunate to have some very steep hills near my house so on my way home, I will pull over at one of the steep hills and watch water come out of the boat plug drain for a solid 5 minutes (whereas none will come out on the boat ramp). Even then, when I get her in the garage and back level, there will still be a little water that drains back into the ski locker. It's little enough that I can wipe it up with a large towel.

Oh, when the bag is full, water is forced thru the evac pump and out the evac fitting on the side of the boat.

Mountainman
10-20-2009, 10:54 AM
My issue is not with water in the ski locker it is with water underneath the ski locker floor and how to get it out and keep it out.

Your issue has to be with a leaking bag or the conection to the bag do you have the rubber gasket on the male end?Is the hose clamp on cause I had a few of mine fall off or break put on a good hose clap and then use electrical tape to cover the clamp so it will not puncture the bag.You may also have to take alook at the pumps if the little lever is not on the right postion the bags will fill weather you have the pump on or not.The right postion on my boat is to have the little leaver in the up right postion.

Hope this helps

Cheers Mountainman

98outback
08-16-2010, 09:43 AM
My bilge is dry and my ski locker. I was laying in teh center ski locker running some wire and could hear the water under it. What did you end up doing about the problem.