PDA

View Full Version : Boat Help

Forrest37
10-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Bought a 2008 XLV a month ago It's awesome. First boat.
Wondering if there is a coating or something I could put on the back of the boat, above the swim platform to keep it from scratching, chip?

Tower,speakers,racks get covered in bugs any thoughts for covers? removing bugs is alot of work.

Decals came off after first outing. What kind should i get?
Thanks

you da man
10-07-2009, 02:56 PM
What decals came off? I don't find the bugs that hard to remove off tower or speakers. Have heard of some people using a very light coat of non-stick spray on parts of the tower but not the areas that get touched by hands.

you da man
10-07-2009, 03:02 PM
Best thing I've found to protect that transom is transom shield by Keel Shield. It's clear and easy to install.

sandm
10-07-2009, 03:07 PM
speaker sox will protect the speakers while towing. around $30-40 a set, so not worth it imo, but I see a lot of people with them on while towing..

tazz3069
10-07-2009, 08:38 PM
goto http://www.seadek.com/ I bet these guys can help you out. They have supplied some of the Moomba owners here with new swim platform pads. I am sure they can fabricate something for what you want.
Tazz

10-07-2009, 11:44 PM
I have an 08 XLV and had your exact same 2 problems.

For the Transom I installed some clear 3M product that is almost like a clear extra thick sticker. It's used to protect surfaces on cars like the front of the hood and such. Its worked perfect and no more scratches.

For the bugs on the speakers I just found a product at the local auto store calles "Bug & Tar Remover". Took off a whole summer of bugs in minutes, very easy to use and very fast.

good luck.