PDA

View Full Version : Summer of 09

Limishowman3
10-05-2009, 01:33 AM
Here is a collection of my friends and I riding from easter till Aug 31st. The two lakes were lake Dunlap New Braunfels, TX and Buffalo Springs Lubbock, TX.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nXhkSF5sdc

maxpower220
10-05-2009, 03:22 PM
All of that calm water and no slalom skiing...???

Also, I hate to tell you, but you can't do flips and invert tricks from an Outback: the wake is too small. You really have to have a bigger boat for that.

Nice video.

Limishowman3
10-05-2009, 06:42 PM
My sister ski's both reg. and slalom. I just didn't videotape it. What do you mean you can't do inverts and flips? Most of the video was shot behind my outback boat. When we rode doubles it was just the stock ballast(400#). But later on in the season when the flips look bigger, i added over 1000# more of ballast.

deerfield
10-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Limi - Nicely done. The video is inspiration for my boys to see that flips and wake to wakes behind our Outback can be a reality. We have the factory tower and ballast. Thanks. - Deerfield

_sT_
10-05-2009, 11:42 PM
WOW great video! I especially liked the tubing/boarding together.

scoot_gt
10-06-2009, 12:34 AM
Nice vid Limi! Do you have an AirTrakker or similar camera mount? I noticed alot of the vid was from directly under the tower pylon.

RobertJ
10-06-2009, 12:42 AM
Sweet Video. Man I can't wait until summer 2010.

Limishowman3
10-06-2009, 01:19 AM
Well I use to use a tripod mount, but all this video was taking by a hand mount lol!

BensonWdby
10-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Nice to see boarders out there that can do more than wake-to-wake from the strong side. Nice job on board and vid.

mmandley
10-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Nice video i enjoyed watching you and your friends. Looks like you had a lot of fun this summer if thats was only a little taste of it. I also liked the tubing and wake boarding that was sweet. I havn't seen that before.

Limishowman3
10-06-2009, 10:00 AM
Yah there was so much more footage I wish I would have filmed, but I might try to get some this weekend. Have to hope the weather works with me. Also that is the only way your going to tube behind my boat; front row seats!

mmandley
10-06-2009, 10:02 AM
Yah there was so much more footage I wish I would have filmed, but I might try to get some this weekend. Have to hope the weather works with me. Also that is the only way your going to tube behind my boat; front row seats!

I love it. Once i get good enough to jump wake to wake constantly im putting tubers out there like that LOL.

Only tubers ive had behind my boat this year was when we were learning to wake board and too tired to try anymore, or kids in the boat.

bjames
10-06-2009, 07:31 PM
Were you using the same length of rope when riding doubles? or was one a few feet shorter? Great video... I cant wait!!! only 189 days before I take my out out of winter storage:D

Limishowman3
10-06-2009, 08:01 PM
5ft shorter in length with doubles, we dont have faith in each other yet to ride at the same length and clear each other. The doubles footage was like our very first set of the yr too, so we had some rust on us, and hadn't installed the extra ballast yet either. Plus we had rope problems so we weren't able to ride doubles again for the rest of the yr.

Jeff W
10-06-2009, 09:44 PM
There are VERY, VERY few tricks that can't be hit on a wakeboard behind a direct drive Outback with 1000 pounds in it..

With 2500 lbs in my Outback - almost all tricks have been landed by someone.

A Mob with 3k in ballast just makes them "easier"..

Outbacks are fine. Dudes have been landing HUGE tricks behind Mastercraft Prostars with no weight for YEARS.. The whole "ballast, ballast, ballast" thing is a new trend for people to have an excuse for not going huge.

Jeff W
10-06-2009, 09:46 PM
Nice vid. You've got that Tantrum dialed.