PDA

View Full Version : 07lsv or 07xlv Gravity $

KooCanBill
10-02-2009, 12:45 PM
New to the forum- looking for first wake-boat and would luv some advise.
I'm lookin at 07LSV low hours or 07XLV gravity high hours both 35k Can. Which way to go?

tazz3069
10-02-2009, 06:17 PM
LSV. I am going to be selling mine here soon. I really love my bot. great for the family. I do have lots of friends and need a bigger boat. I still am going to stay in the SC family. Looking at the new 2010 24SSZ Supra

Mikey
10-02-2009, 09:19 PM
Really depends on the condition of both boats,and what you really want. Lsv is slightly smaller,a little more family oreinted vs xlv which is a bigger boat and a little more hardcore oreinted. Don't get me wrong ,the LSV can be made hardcore as i'm sure others will pipe up and say so soon.Both boats definetly more wakeboard ,surf boats vs a ski boat like the Outback.
Condition of both has a big part in this decission as the XLV definetely is or was the pricer boat,but hrs and usage obviously changed the equation there.Check them both out and tryout if you still can,our days are numbered now,hopefully helping in the decission.
Also go to the boatbuilder section and or comparisons to compare the specs on the two boats.
I'm running a Outback DD for skiing purposes mainly so ,it really isn't my domain but surely others are going to come on here soon to give there thoughts andcomments. Either is a good boat so welcome hopefully and enjoy. Maybe we will cross paths in the future.

newty
10-02-2009, 10:18 PM
I would check Portland Craigslist there are a bunch of LSV's and I've seen a bunch of XLV's in the past. No too far of a haul for you either. I would wait another month or so. Prices will drop a little more.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/1399748970.html
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/1399241755.html
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/boa/1399035929.html

KooCanBill
10-02-2009, 11:46 PM
Got my model numbers mixed up, it was a LS I looked at but I think that is too small. I've got 4 boys(men) 18 -24 years all into snowboarding, kayaking & surfing so I will likely go the route of a LSV unless the XLV checks out but I'm doubtful as it is definitely not in the best overall condition.
Thanks for the advise and help guys, hope to catch ya on Lake Koocanusa next year.

Mikey
10-03-2009, 05:27 PM
The Ls and the Lsv are the same size hull. The LS being DD and LSV being Vdrive. If you EVER have any real desires to ski The LS is a very capable Ski Boat. Another idea for you to ponder.I've never been to Kookanoosa Yet but am planning to check out inthe near future,next season. Where abouts on the lake are you at? Canadian or American side?

10-03-2009, 10:37 PM
I see your in Calgary, I'm in Sylvan. What are high and low hours? I have an 08 XLV and love it. i really like the room in it. I guess now is a good time to buy..... you just have to wait so long to use it.

KooCanBill
10-05-2009, 01:30 AM
We are on the Canadian side about 5 miles from the Can/US boarder. We are at Big Pine Resort, a private resort with a small marina and beach. The lake is big with plenty of sandy beaches and far from over crowded. Now I wish the season wasn't over, but I'll have to settle for sledding in the Crowsnest in a month or so. I'll let you all know what I end up with for a boat.
Cheers.

kaneboats
10-05-2009, 02:31 PM
Good luck to you! Good time to shop now. Tazz, keep us posted on your shopping!