PDA

View Full Version : ballast bag hose coming off

nibots
10-01-2009, 06:32 PM
The fill hose to the center ballast bag in the ski locker of my 2003 LSV keeps coming off. I have to watch when I fill it and last time out the fitting came off of the bag while boarding and the ballast went out the bilge. The threaded part of the inlet neck on the bag is made of soft plastic and is easily squeezed out of shape. The threads appear fine. Anybody have any ideas other than a new bag?
Thanks.

cab13367
10-01-2009, 09:02 PM
The fill hose to the center ballast bag in the ski locker of my 2003 LSV keeps coming off. I have to watch when I fill it and last time out the fitting came off of the bag while boarding and the ballast went out the bilge. The threaded part of the inlet neck on the bag is made of soft plastic and is easily squeezed out of shape. The threads appear fine. Anybody have any ideas other than a new bag?
Thanks.

Put teflon tape on the threads. Make sure the there is enough play in the hose that it's not pulling on the fitting as it fills up. This is not typical - the one time this happened to me, it was because the hose was pinched by the bag and didn't have enough play so it pulled the fitting off the bag.

Fman
10-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Put teflon tape on the threads. Make sure the there is enough play in the hose that it's not pulling on the fitting as it fills up. This is not typical - the one time this happened to me, it was because the hose was pinched by the bag and didn't have enough play so it pulled the fitting off the bag.

Silicone also works on the threads to help alleviate fittings from coming loose.