PDA

View Full Version : my attempt at duplicating a brochure picture

FearTheElf
09-30-2009, 06:17 PM
For those of you that recall the 2008 Moomba brochure, there was a full page spread with several Moombas lined up at Stardust Marina. This marina is on Norris Lake in TN... we take a few trips each summer to this beautiful lake. I couldn't resist snapping this pic on our last trip, that's my 2008 Outback at the gas dock.

fastlx
09-30-2009, 06:41 PM
that is very cool!!!!

moombadaze
09-30-2009, 06:50 PM
I wanna go there, awsome

deerfield
10-01-2009, 01:03 PM
Hey, Elf - You had any problems with your Outback? Other than the fact that mine is an '07 model year, looks like we are running the exact same boat - including black and red color scheme and tower. I have about 120 hours on the engine meter. Boat has performed virtually flawless for us. Hope you are having the same experience. - Deerfield

yearround
10-01-2009, 03:47 PM
great duplication! is fun to try and take a photo at a famous spot with yourself.

FearTheElf
10-02-2009, 08:03 AM
Hey, Elf - You had any problems with your Outback? Other than the fact that mine is an '07 model year, looks like we are running the exact same boat - including black and red color scheme and tower. I have about 120 hours on the engine meter. Boat has performed virtually flawless for us. Hope you are having the same experience. - Deerfield

This is my first new boat and my first inboard; I have been very happy with it. I have a couple unresolved nagging issues, but they are minor enough. I got it July of last year and there are about 135 hours on the meter. We try to get it out every weekend during the summer and take it to Norris Lake 3 times a summer. Not bad I suppose for living in Cleveland, OH and keeping the boat in the garage. Though I still feel that every sunny day the boat doesn't come out is a wasted day :)

moombadaze
10-02-2009, 08:15 AM
every sunny day the boat doesn't come out is a wasted day :)

so true, so true. Can someone please explain this to my wife:p

gus 08 mobius lsv
10-02-2009, 01:20 PM
hey elf what lakes you hit up in the cleveland area?

we went to lake norris last year and cumberland this year both very nice lakes. i think i like norris a little better
we usually rent a houseboat and stay for 4 days on that.
what do you guys do?

FearTheElf
10-02-2009, 02:28 PM
hey elf what lakes you hit up in the cleveland area?

we went to lake norris last year and cumberland this year both very nice lakes. i think i like norris a little better
we usually rent a houseboat and stay for 4 days on that.
what do you guys do?

Gus,

The closest lake to me for a quick weekend morning ski run is Pleasant Hill. By about 10 am it is a madhouse though, very small lake. We also go to Lake Milton every once in awhile. Less crowded than Pleasant Hill, but the wind can kick that one up pretty easily. I have family near Dillon, so once or twice a year we are on that lake as well. Actually the closest public lake to me is Portage Lakes in Akron, which is mainly no wake. We still go there on occasion if we aren't going to ski, just to cruise around and hit up one of the bars you can dock up to.

I assume you are on Tappan, Salt Fork or Seneca?

Ohio lakes are tiny and crowded... that's why we love to go to Norris. We usually rent a waterfront house or a condo when we go, depending on how many people/boats are on the trip. I've been to Cumberland a few times... beautiful place, but Norris has a ton of nice homes to rent right on the water. At Cumberland you're limited to the handful of Marinas, since the Corp won't let the shoreline be developed. Unless of course you rent a houseboat.

Thinking about this is making me sick... seems like the Ohio weather turned sour much quicker this year! :mad:

jmvotto
10-02-2009, 03:13 PM
Elf, I have relatives in cleveland ( actually passed through labor day wknd on the way to MI and stayed in westlake) anyhow they travel to Chautauqua lake in Western NY. you ever go there? (go browns);)

gus 08 mobius lsv
10-02-2009, 03:25 PM
Gus,

I assume you are on Tappan, Salt Fork or Seneca?

Thinking about this is making me sick... seems like the Ohio weather turned sour much quicker this year! :mad:

yep i'm 20 miles from tappan or salt fork. salt fork isn't too bad as long as its not a holiday weekend. evening weekdays its like glass out there.

i know its been a shity summer and beginning of fall in ohio thats for sure.

yeah portage lakes is nice if u wanna cruise and bar hop cause thats just about all u can do there lol.

we stayed at flat hollow marinia in lake norris not sure how far away that is but we seemed to enjoy that area. the house you get is it a floating house in the middle of the lake near the marina or is it on land? with dockin around for the boats?

FearTheElf
10-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Elf, I have relatives in cleveland ( actually passed through labor day wknd on the way to MI and stayed in westlake) anyhow they travel to Chautauqua lake in Western NY. you ever go there? (go browns);)

JV - I've heard Chautauqa is nice, but have never been there. The Browns are awful, but I'm still a fan and go to all the games (for some stupid reason!).

yep i'm 20 miles from tappan or salt fork. salt fork isn't too bad as long as its not a holiday weekend. evening weekdays its like glass out there.

i know its been a shity summer and beginning of fall in ohio thats for sure.

yeah portage lakes is nice if u wanna cruise and bar hop cause thats just about all u can do there lol.

we stayed at flat hollow marinia in lake norris not sure how far away that is but we seemed to enjoy that area. the house you get is it a floating house in the middle of the lake near the marina or is it on land? with dockin around for the boats?

Gus - we have stayed around Flat Hollow a couple times. That's atually my favorite area of the lake as it is even less crowded than some of the other popular spots. We haven't done the floating house, we usually get a house on land with a dock. With enough people, you can get some crazy huge/nice houses for relatively cheap.