PDA

View Full Version : Considering Moomba Purchase--Thoughts?

srockwel
09-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Thanks in advance for advice and thoughts--new to boating. Thinking about getting a 2006 Outback LS. About 100 hours on engine, wakeboard tower, no tower speakers, full cover, always stored inside.m Has ballast under rear seat, and cruise control. Some marks on decals on hull, but generally good condition. Thinking of paying 15k. Good deal? Horrible idea? Anything to watch out for? Thanks again.

Mikey
09-28-2009, 06:54 PM
100hrs is just nicely broken in if its been taken care of. As for nicks ,scratches,unfortuneately that happens unless used under perfect conditions.Take the boat out for a test drive and or have it checked if you can, but sounds like a pretty good deal to me.

sandm
09-28-2009, 07:21 PM
dang. my '06 has 255 hrs on it.
might want to check out what you really want to do with the boat..
personally, if getting into boarding and surfing, I'd opt for the extra coin for a v-drive, but if you are going to spend 80%+ time skiing or towing tubes, then that would make an awesome boat.

again just my .02
good luck and happy shopping :)

viking
09-28-2009, 07:53 PM
if it's what you say it is.........sounds like a great price to me. You can generally tell right away if the boat has been cared for or not. As for scratches and nicks - it's gonna happen if you use it!!

Sled491
09-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Are you guys kidding! An 06 LS for 15K! Where is it I would buy that in a heart beat. Heck I would want over 25 for my 07 Outback with 135 hrs.

skiyaker
09-28-2009, 09:42 PM
100 hours isn't anything as long as it's been cared for and winterized properly- I bought my OBV a little over 2 months ago and already have >50 hours on it. If you're new to boating really consider what you want out of a boat- I grew up on outboards and I/Os- my OBV is the first real experience with an inboard and I don't see myself every owning anything different. I consider my boat my "sports car" and love the way it drives and sounds; I always wanted to own a V8 just didn't know it would be in a boat. That boat you're looking at will handle great and be fantastic for skiing, tubing, relaxing. Life is too short to spend boatless. Just my $.02.

viking
09-29-2009, 12:24 AM
AMEN SLED!! I'd go get it if I didn't already have mine!!

Are you guys kidding! An 06 LS for 15K! Where is it I would buy that in a heart beat. Heck I would want over 25 for my 07 Outback with 135 hrs.

kaneboats
09-29-2009, 12:09 PM
B - I - N ! (Buy It Now!)