PDA

View Full Version : stiff Steering Cable

desert wake 360
09-26-2009, 05:04 PM
Is there any way to save a stiff steering cable? It's progressively been getting worse over the season, to the point where its really hard to turn. I disconnected the cable from the rudder to make sure it was the issue. I really don't want to spend $500.00 to get it replaced. Any advise would be appreciated.

jimmobius
09-26-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey desert wake,
I fixed mine with a drill /1/8" bit and wd 40. You have to take the cable end off at the rudder. Remove the end of the pipe and slide it off, I think the nut loosens and off it comes. Then remove that piece and there is another one on the end still . Extend the cable out , drill a hole in the pipe, you should see the cable strands, then spray the juice.. Turn the wheel and work it back and forth . Fixed. I will be in payson , with the lsv hopefully ,and would like to see Roosevelt , saguaro, canyon if possible , are you free to come with ? Thanks, Jim.

desert wake 360
09-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the tip. I'll try it. you'll like Roosevelt, it's a nice lake with alot of flat water (most of the time). Canyon and Saguaro get a little crowded on weekends, but in the back of each of those lakes, there are beaches to hang out on while the lake is choppy. Have fun.