PDA

View Full Version : how to make your boat look great during the offseason

alex56
09-26-2009, 01:45 PM
a wile ago i contacted meguires about how to restore the best look to our boat and get rid of scratches,,,

this is wat we did after what i was told and it looked great

1. put the oxidation remover everywhere like the whole boat ( dont rub it too hard or youl go right through the color) ( or can use the cleaner wax)

2. come back with meguires polish whole boat ( 2 coats)

3. use the meguires "pure wax" 1 coat over the whole boat

4. use meguires "premium marine wax" 1-2 coats

5 and to make ours look great we used the ICE paste polish it really made the charcoal Grey shine.

6. we also used the 303 aerospace to clean the tower and shine it up

7. meguires heavy duty vinal cleaner for the seats

8. 303 aerospace to protect seats

brain_rinse
09-26-2009, 06:27 PM
Nice, how about some pics? The 3 step process works wonders: oxidation remover (if needed) or else a mild cleaner, polish, then wax. The multiple steps of wax top coat probably aren't needed, but definitely don't hurt and ensure complete coverage. I like to use a synthetic sealant instead of wax on occasion for durability, but nothing shines on dark colors like wax!

bjames
09-28-2009, 11:55 AM
Are you waxing before you store or after? I usually perform a clean/wax job after I pull it out of storage as it gets pretty dusty during the winter months.

Sled491
09-28-2009, 08:42 PM
Do you do the hull as well? How long to do all that? I can just imagine how pretty that must look sitting in the garage just a shinning.

BJames, always put your boat away ready for next season, that way if a freakish early spring day comes you can take advantage. Also dust and winter stuffs wipe right off if the boat was prepped right before storage.