PDA

View Full Version : You Tube Video

skiyaker
09-24-2009, 05:56 PM
My neighbor took a video the other day of me trying to make the transition from skiing behind a deck boat my whole life to skiing behind a moomba. It's a different world no doubt. I'm just glad Garrett Reese isn't on my lake- that kid puts me to shame!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSKMTcM9VsQ

jmvotto
09-24-2009, 06:24 PM
nice run......

Canuckle Head
09-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Looking good skiyaker. BTW what is a Deck Boat?

skiyaker
09-24-2009, 07:54 PM
thanks for the kind words. Canuckle- I'm not quite sure how to describe a deck boat- it's kind of like a pontoon boat without the pontoons.

Canuckle Head
09-24-2009, 11:47 PM
Got a picture?

skiyaker
09-25-2009, 06:54 AM
sorry- had trouble getting the pics to post- hopefully you can see them now in my post above. The boat's officially known as the party deck 21 made by tracker. We've had a lot of fun behind that boat (my dad still has it) and it has a ton of room but as you can imagine it is less than nimble and the wakes are a different story. Can't knock it too much, though- it helped convince my wife how much fun boating is; after we used it for a week last summer we decided to look into getting our own boat.

Canuckle Head
09-25-2009, 12:45 PM
Thanks for the picture. Now I know what a deck boat is! I bet you're finding that you get a lot more pull from the Moomba but I guess that all depends on what kind of powerplant you had on that deck boat.

Sled491
09-28-2009, 09:06 PM
Man a 5 minute run! 1st where in the flat lands do you find a lake that can let you run that long? 2nd after my 2 to 3 passes on our lake I need a 15 minute rest before I can even think about going again. Beautiful looking water!

sandm
09-28-2009, 09:24 PM
nice run..

funny I see runs from other boats and makes me realize just how flat my buddies '94 boomerang wake really is..

skiyaker
09-28-2009, 10:16 PM
Sled that run was on a mud puddle we call Salamonie Reservoir- we managed to get out during the week and the only other boats out were fishing. I think that day I had 3 ski runs and also learned to wakesurf- exhausted no doubt by the end of the day but my wife went for the triple crown- skied, surfed, and wake boarded. We're loving the Moomba!

Sandm there's times when I've thought it would be nice to have an old boomerang or nautique just for skiing. Funny thing is I got done with that run and thought the wakes were a little bigger than my first run- turns out the ballast didn't empty out completely after we surfed and I was running probably a hundred pounds or so heavy! Like I said, though, wakes are still microscopic compared with my dad's party deck 21!