PDA

View Full Version : Put the SeaDek pad on the Swim Platform

spyder
09-23-2009, 11:32 PM
I'll get a picture of it on the boat eventually... but I just stuck it on tonight... looks absolutely great btw.

I used Mineral Spirits to get most of the junk off, then I washed the platform with soapy water and rinsed it, and dried it off, then cleaned it with Acetone, and washed it again...

The SeaDek material is insanely sticky btw.. ;)

mcdye
09-24-2009, 08:44 AM
Looks great. The pad is a good investment, we love ours.

squeeg333
09-24-2009, 10:29 AM
Spyder, is that the White over Black, or is it the Light Grey over Black? I am getting one either today or tomorrow, but can't decide what color to go with. Boat colors are Red on the water, and Black everywhere else. Black fiberglass on the inside of the boat too.

Chuck at SeaDek said they do the Black over White pads often, but it could ptoentially lose some of it's texture in really hot climates. Being in eastern Wa, we don't don't real extreme temps for long. I'm just worried an all White Deck would be too much.

squeeg333
09-24-2009, 10:30 AM
Spyder, by the way, that looks awesome - no matter what colors it is!

spyder
09-24-2009, 01:46 PM
its light grey with black lettering

spyder
09-24-2009, 10:37 PM
Took advantage of having the platform at home.. ground all the water scum and junk off the brackets and resprayed them flat black.. looks so much better.

wish I had a before photo..

spyder
09-24-2009, 10:39 PM
Here is two more photos of the install... looks great... highly recommended.

moombadaze
09-25-2009, 06:55 AM
spyder, You think it looks good, just wait till you crawl up onto it from the water. You'll LOVE it even more.

gus 08 mobius lsv
09-25-2009, 01:18 PM
from the time you ordered till the time u got what ...what is the time frame on that? ordered mine over 2 weeks ago and still haven't got it yet. looks like i gotta wait till next year to see how nice it is climbing in and out

spyder
09-25-2009, 02:44 PM
a couple weeks it took for mine... but I am up in Canada... and yeah.. our season is toast here too.. So I don't get to test it until spring as well.

mmandley
09-26-2009, 09:50 PM
from the time you ordered till the time u got what ...what is the time frame on that? ordered mine over 2 weeks ago and still haven't got it yet. looks like i gotta wait till next year to see how nice it is climbing in and out

Mine took a week to get. Order was processed on monday and Pad was at the house Friday.

You can call Chuck and make sure its been sent. He can give you a tracking # and everything.

viking
09-27-2009, 12:38 AM
I talked to him and ordered on Monday as well. He said that they have a big job for a manufacturer and was a rush to get deal done. Said it may take a little longer than usual but wanted me to know. I was hoping to try it before end of season to but will have to wait till spring :(

squeeg333
09-28-2009, 06:32 PM
I ordered mine last Thursday, and Chuck said it was about a 10 day lead time, maybe a bit more, so I would think that it's probably something like 3 to 4 weeks from the time your order is placed to the time it's in your hands. That's just my guess anyways.

I'll for sure have to wait till next year to enjoy... but boy am I looking forward to it!

Sled491
09-28-2009, 08:52 PM
Any one have problems with bubbling on theres? Half way throught the summer I got a baseball sized bubble in the middle to one side. NOt really upset ort anything just wondering if any one else had this problem and if so what was there fix?

moombadaze
09-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Sled, had bubbles form for about a month after install-all I did was stick a straight pin at a angle and pop the bubble, worked all the air out and so far no more bubbles. Most of them i could feel but not really see.

Sled491
09-29-2009, 01:48 PM
Cool, like I said not a huge deal, just kind of unsightly.