PDA

View Full Version : Off Season Play??

tazz3069
09-22-2009, 09:24 PM
What does everybody do in the off season? Too cold to take the boat out. My family and I got to Dumont Dunes in California, Coral Pink, Zion National Park, Duck Creek in Utah. We take the motorhomes to these places towing out trailer filled with Quads and Rhinos. Winter time is still a great time of the year. We just use different toys to have fun with. Our most favorite place is Dumont Dunes. We go there for Halloween and Thanks Giving Weekend. Around 30,000 to 50,000 people are there having a great time I will take pictures this season and post.
Tazz

By the way Sled, I still have your truck. It works great towing the toys. (2007 Dodge Ram 2500 Mega Cab)HAHAHA

you da man
09-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Fall and early Spring, this is my hobby.

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/seeajgo/DSC_6787_edited.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/seeajgo/DSC_7517.jpg

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u197/seeajgo/DSC_6133.jpg

tazz3069
09-22-2009, 09:45 PM
nice, i use to do that in California. Willow Springs is where my best friend and I raced. He, unfortunately, lost his life on his bike riding in the canyons. just 22 years old. Ride safe and hope to see you in riding for a factory team. Maybe on ESPN some time or on Fuel TV.
Tazz

zabooda
09-22-2009, 09:57 PM
Going back to Moab in a couple of weeks for some dirt bike riding. Got my Moomba put away despite 90 degree weather and I'm parking about 125 RV's this weekend for a dog show. By November, I hope to start working on some house projects that have been neglected for a long time.

you da man
09-22-2009, 10:00 PM
nice, i use to do that in California. Willow Springs is where my best friend and I raced. He, unfortunately, lost his life on his bike riding in the canyons. just 22 years old. Ride safe and hope to see you in riding for a factory team. Maybe on ESPN some time or on Fuel TV.
Tazz

I live in Texas and my sister is a fairly new Texas to Cali transplant. She lives in Quartz Hill, CA (Lancaster) which is pretty dang close to Willow Springs.

deerfield
09-22-2009, 10:35 PM
I'm parking about 125 RV's this weekend for a dog show.

zabooda - You own a parking lot or valet service? Regarding tazz's question, I think this off season I will start plotting how to relocate so I can ski year round and have conservatives or libertarians for neighbors. - Deerfield

tazz3069
09-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Forgot about the house stuff. My wife and I are going to add a bathroom to one of the bedroom, and expand our Master Bath a bit bigger. I might even build her a Master Closet for all of her clothes and 110 pair of shoes. Right now the drywall and door is bulging out.

wolfeman131
09-22-2009, 11:01 PM
trying out some new fun this offseason. bought the girls some 4 wheelers. there are miles of trails under the power lines across the street from the lakehouse. we plan to wear them out.

graybmg
09-23-2009, 07:05 AM
I just bought a heater shirt. Not cold enough yet for that but I can't bear the thought of stopping this year so I'm getting prepared. We have had so much freakin rain the last few weeks I've hardly gotten to go skiing. Haven't even driven the boat in three weeks! Going this weekend no matter what.

LURK19
09-23-2009, 07:46 AM
Ice Hockey September through April! When excited to say our new (and first Moomba) '09 LSV will be delivered.

kaneboats
09-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Congrats! Pics as soon as you have them.

Me, I start the Habitat building season in October or so. Gonna get some stuff done on my own house this year though. Still, we can ride just about up through T-giving then take a few months off.

csm
09-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I live in the Houston area, so not much of an offseason here. I will take the boat out and surf (wakeboarding in cold water sucks IMO) at least twice a month. On the weekends when I'm not on the water, I'm on the golf course. This is all in between diaper changing and watching my twins grow by the day.

jmvotto
09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
packing up the moomba and lake house october, watching our girls play middle school soccer. getting ready for the snow ski season:D

Csm, yep changing diapers ( 3 month old) did the twins thing 12 yrs ago:eek:

Lurk, congrats on the boat you get it at Silver lake?, we ski Peek n Peek and Holiday Valley.

jester
09-23-2009, 05:19 PM
Too cold it is never too cold to be out on the boat. Well Snow skiing starts when Wakeboarding ends.

Tazz why do you put your boat away for the winter? I mean it only gets down to high 60's in your area?

GeauxTigers
09-23-2009, 05:30 PM
Soccer until the end of October. I am coaching a bunch of 6 year olds including my son. That has driven me to drinking heavily! Then, on Friday after Thanksgiving, I expect to take my first run down the slopes of Snowbird or Solitude. I presume either one will be open by then.

akamax_power
09-23-2009, 05:41 PM
1/2 hour from Lake Tahoe, it starts snowing Nov/Dec so snowboarding begins for me shortly after I winterize and wrap the boat.

tazz3069
09-23-2009, 07:07 PM
Jester--
The water is ice cold plus the weather is horrible at the lake during the winter. It like being in the ocean. High winds. 60 degrees is a warm day in the winter. it get from 40 to 60 degrees in the city, colder by the water.

04OUTBACK
09-26-2009, 12:41 PM
A little hunting...
and now that I am a Upstate NY resident, i'll get to Snowboard/Ski some.. gotta bury the Moomba in a snow proof storage and have it REALLY winterized!

snowboardcorey
09-26-2009, 02:22 PM
I head out deer hunting in the fall and snowboarding in the winter!

jclevoy
09-26-2009, 04:01 PM
This is what I do as much as possible during the off-season. Unfortunately, living in TN we don't get to go real often, but usually 2x/year during the non-boating season. Headed to Key Largo in a week......This was taken in Bonaire N.A. back in March. We spent 2 weeks there, and I went on 43 dives. That was my dream-trip.

http://i171.photobucket.com/albums/u295/jcelevoy/Bonaire09/IMG_1086.jpg