PDA

View Full Version : Surf Board wax?

jmvotto
09-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Anbody wax their boards and if you do what brand do you use. Does is make the board faster?

maxpower220
09-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Traditional surf board wax is used on the top of the board in order to increase the grip your feet have on the board. Surfers don't wax the bottom of the board to gain any performance.
Wakesurf boards already have a top coat grip surface, so no need to wax the top.

jmvotto
09-21-2009, 07:03 PM
Ok, surf experts.

I was hoping to make the surfboard feel a little faster. (wax unlike on snow skiis won't do it)

Why do you ask? Well in my pics from lat weeknd to this past weekend, I was unable to ropeless surf on my "new" 5'6" HL broadcast for very long.

But as you see i am free surfing with Brad's Island surfer (blue lake?) 5 footer no problem.

His has two deep fins 3" approx. mine has 3 fins, two small outer maybe 3/4" and a center maybe 1"

Do i try to remove the outer fins or the center fin for more speed?:?

spyder
09-21-2009, 07:33 PM
going to slow? change your foot positions! ;)

more forward = faster... too far forward = submarine. ;)

jmvotto
09-21-2009, 08:06 PM
spyder, got it learned the hard way. drove right up on the swim deck with the fast IS blue lake... oops

Ed, if that was for sale two weeks earlier, i would have been all over that like a fat kid on a cup cake lol:p

I am actually closer to the weight limit on the IS than the HL, go figure. must be my stance. So don't remove any fins....

moombadaze
09-21-2009, 08:35 PM
Jm, i have the same broadcast, my front foot (left) is positioned on the forward part of the H and my rear foot is in the middle of the black. Hope that helps as i find the board fast. I have also just recently removed the 2 outer fins and find the board to have a loose feeling

jmvotto
09-22-2009, 06:56 AM
Ed, Thanks. i do know that the HL has a hump, I do remember finding it with my rear foot on the IS. I guess i will have to try and get that rear foot on it. i like the way it handles with all three fins, no spins yet;)

Thanks for the evaluation, your are correct Dude, footy way forward of the humpy thing.

cool:D

Canuckle Head
09-22-2009, 01:05 PM
hump = kicker

jmvotto
09-22-2009, 01:56 PM
hump = kicker

DUDE! :p.......