PDA

View Full Version : Z-Decal boat wraps

totalbrody34
09-21-2009, 10:32 AM
does anyone know about how much these wraps cost? i'm thinking its probably cheaper than getting the boat repainted. And are they at all resistant to scratching? Don't know how they get there but new scratches seem to keep showing up on my boat :mad:.

akamax_power
09-22-2009, 01:49 AM
I got a quote a couple months ago for my XLV. For the 23' the prices vary from 1700-3200 +install depending on how much of the boat you want covered.

Sled491
09-28-2009, 08:55 PM
I got mine before the big increase but those prices sound about right. Good installation is the key. No scratch resistant at all. I got a little to close to my Outback sitting on the lift with my little 14 fter and now there are all kinds of dings in the vinyl. There wear and tear is not different than any other decal. Still I have the coolest looking boat on our lake! Even had a MC guy come up to me one morning at the course and compliment my graphics.

newty
09-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Seriously I would strip the stickers off and rethink the wrap. Your boat would looks sick naked.
The other thing is you can wet sand and buff those scratches out really easily. If you scratch your wrap it will really look like shizz and you just destroyed a 2500 dollar wrap cause you can't fix a wrap (easily anyway).
The gelcoat on the newer boats is nearly 3/8" thick, so you lots of wiggle room for repair.