PDA

View Full Version : took the boat out of the water today

spyder
09-20-2009, 10:56 PM
so it is the end of the year for me, boat is out of the water and gone to get winterized next weekend.

I was totally amazed, after hitting what I expected was every twig/branch in the lake all summer long as our local beaver finds it convenient to place them in the channel where I store my boat.... My prop and rudder both look awesome still... YAY!

spent my entire birthday cleaning my boat, it was pretty fun ;)

Sled491
09-22-2009, 09:10 PM
truely a sad event every year, but there is always spring :)

tazz3069
09-22-2009, 09:17 PM
We are planning a weekend camping trip at our local lake this weekend. I think that this will be our last trip for the year. Maybe. I hope not. If so, time to bring out the winter toys. Quad riding in the desert.

spyder
09-23-2009, 10:21 AM
We are planning a weekend camping trip at our local lake this weekend. I think that this will be our last trip for the year. Maybe. I hope not. If so, time to bring out the winter toys. Quad riding in the desert.

Soo lucky..

jclevoy
09-24-2009, 10:22 PM
We are hoping to keep going through October. We will be getting the 3 mm wetsuits out in the next week or two. We were out today, and I would say that our water temp is still 76-78F. Pretty decent for this time of year IMHO.

Sled491
09-25-2009, 12:59 PM
Haven't missed a day yet. Sept 25 today, overcast and 60. Water is getting down there but we are still in shorties. Within the next little while I plan to switch to my dry suit though:)

viking
09-25-2009, 01:17 PM
FUNNY FUNNY - up here in the north we are extremely lucky to have the weather we are having. I went out yesterday. 85 degrees. Water temp 67 and I was stoked both were so warm. It's all relative!

60?

I'm envious

I keep looking at accuweather's 15 day forecast in hopes the temps will eventually start getting under 90

cab13367
09-25-2009, 02:56 PM
We are hoping to keep going through October. We will be getting the 3 mm wetsuits out in the next week or two. We were out today, and I would say that our water temp is still 76-78F. Pretty decent for this time of year IMHO.

Jason,

You're killin' me. Your water temp is in the high 70's and you're breaking out the wetsuits?? We NEVER see high 70's on the river here. It was 61 last Friday and was very doable in a shorty. The other two guys that were with me just trunked it. Viking's got it right - it's all relative :)

Supposed to be in the mid 80's again this weekend so I plan to take advantage of it. Will probably be the last time we see anything close to 80 this year around here.

BTW, my boat is Sand Rock/Dark Blue which is similar to yours. I haven't seen another one like it yet. I like the Sandrock over the white. Does your Sandrock carry over into the cabin?

mmandley
09-25-2009, 07:08 PM
Jason,

You're killin' me. Your water temp is in the high 70's and you're breaking out the wetsuits?? We NEVER see high 70's on the river here. It was 61 last Friday and was very doable in a shorty. The other two guys that were with me just trunked it. Viking's got it right - it's all relative :)

I hear ya man im hopping to get out Sunday but i dont think i got a crew to go with me. I hate to see my season ending. Just Tuesday we went to the Henry Hagg and i had the best wake board day ever. i was in and out of my wake both sides like i knew what i was doing. It was awesome.

Sled491
09-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Ed don't be too envious of 60. That only means -20 is only that much closer:)

A couple years ago we were going to move to NC. So we talked to the kids about it, they were all in favour of it until they heard no more snow or snowmobiling. As they get older it only got worse. After Easter in Orlando this year (which they enjoyed) they wouldn't hear of moving to Florida, again, no snow!

jclevoy
09-26-2009, 07:58 AM
Jason,

Supposed to be in the mid 80's again this weekend so I plan to take advantage of it. Will probably be the last time we see anything close to 80 this year around here.

BTW, my boat is Sand Rock/Dark Blue which is similar to yours. I haven't seen another one like it yet. I like the Sandrock over the white. Does your Sandrock carry over into the cabin?

We have only been in bathing-suits to this point. I do count myself very lucky. We will probably start using wetsuits when it gets to the low 70s. We aren't accustomed to cold water like you boys. My wife isn't happy until our water temp gets up to the mid 80s in the summer. When I read her your reply above, she shuddered and said she wouldn't even dip her big toe in water that cold. LOL

Thanks for your correction........I thought it was sandstone, but I realize now that it is sandrock. semantics. Our entire boat is sandrock with the accent black. The only white on our boat is on the decals. I am sure you know how pictures do not do this color justice. I agree.......I definitely prefer the sandrock over white. I LOVE it.