PDA

View Full Version : Wakeplate problems

you da man
09-20-2009, 06:16 PM
Thursday I took delivery of my new XLV. Saleman and I went on the lake for about 1.5hrs of slow cruising and checking all systems on the boat. I used the wakeplate a few times just checking it out. Friday I took the boat out and the wakeplate wouldn't work at all. Thought it may be a fuse so I pulled the fuse out and replaced it with the stereo 20amp fuse...nothing. This sucks. Now another 1.5hr drive back to the dealer.

09-21-2009, 04:38 PM
I had a very similar problem. Turned out the installer didn't crimp on the ring properly for the ground wire off the wake plate pump. Re-terminted the ground and all has been well for over a year. I can tell you, at the time I wasn't to happy.

squeeg333
09-21-2009, 05:05 PM
I had a similar problem. The plate would go down, but not up. Found out it was just a loose connection up at the steering wheel. Unscrew the trim shaft from the plastic body that is behind the steering wheel. Un-fasten the plastic cover, and you can get a little better access to all the crimp connections that are made in the trim box. I would venture to guess that either the red, or the green wires are loose. Both of these provide power to the pump. I can't remember the color of the other two wires that control the direction of the plate movement.

Anyway, if you get a chance, look at these connections first. I've found several crimp connections that were loose. Might be a quick fix!!

you da man
09-21-2009, 09:09 PM
Dropped the boat off today. Hopefully it's a quick fix but I'm having them also check out the God awful engine noise in the stereo.

09-22-2009, 11:40 AM
Hahaha, that beautiful engine noise comes stock, I had it too. I just added an inline Ground loop Isolator on the RCA's and now its fine.

you da man
09-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Hahaha, that beautiful engine noise comes stock, I had it too. I just added an inline Ground loop Isolator on the RCA's and now its fine.

That's probably the route I'll go