PDA

View Full Version : which board to choose

gus 08 mobius lsv
09-20-2009, 09:57 AM
i know its a very broad question here but i'm looking for a good intermediate board. don't see my self getting too crazy with flips but would like to to go wake to wake. i weigh about 175. any help on boards to think about or ones to stay away from?

Razzman
09-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Really all boards are pretty good now. If your just beginning then get a beginner to intermediate level board, it'll be easier to learn and you'll not grow out of it anytime soon. I'm partial to CWB boards & bindings as they make a quality board and the bindings are super easy to get in to. Go to WakeWorld and click the boards link under the headers. You can get decent reviews on boards and bindings. Check out Boardersmall.com (http://www.Boardersmall.com) wake closeouts section for killer deals on the same. Evogear (http://www.evogear.com/outlet/default.aspx) also has some good deals. The one thing to remember is to get the proper size board or it'll be harder for you.

Spicer318
09-23-2009, 11:37 AM
When looking for an intermediate board look for somthing that describes itself as An "all-around board" A board like this normally will have a center channel and a continuous rocker. 3 stage rockers are more aggressive and give that huge pop. With the continuous rocker you will have smoother takeoffs instead of a more abrupt one. I always have and always will ride a Gatorboards Ricky Gonzalez model. My old one had a 3 stage and the new one has a progressive 3 stage rocker (smoother transition).

Most of all look for a board with center channel and wide tips. Molded fins are great too giving you control but freedom from more aggressive bolt on fins.

Bindings: Look for something not to stiff but not flimsy. These let you control the board. If you don’t have control of the board, you can’t use it to its potential.

That’s a lot of info but I do hope it helps.

gus 08 mobius lsv
09-23-2009, 08:59 PM
sure does guys thanks a lot! i've been boarding for 2 years but just got my own boat and time for my own gear instead of using what is available. and if i'm gonna spend a couple hundred i wanna make sure i get something that will suit me well!

Canuckle Head
09-24-2009, 01:16 PM
This my board:
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww30/wedeh/Watersports/06-2009026.jpg?t=1253816610

I love this setup! :cool:

clarkro2
09-24-2009, 04:08 PM
i know its a very broad question here but i'm looking for a good intermediate board. don't see my self getting too crazy with flips but would like to to go wake to wake. i weigh about 175. any help on boards to think about or ones to stay away from?

I'm the same weight and this is what I bought.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p94/clarkro2/wakeboard.jpg

Jeff W
09-25-2009, 11:53 AM
If you want to buy today -

http://boardersbestbuy.com/index.php

Boom.

Sick deal.

desert wake 360
09-27-2009, 01:03 PM
I've been wakeboarding for over 10 years, and the damage to knees and back start to set in over time. I used to ride very aggressive boards, but now I like the Hyperlite Roam. Its basically a snowboard for the water. Its light, smooth, and easy to do alot of tricks on. All of my friends use my board instead of theirs when we go out. its just a fun board all around. But if you're looking for big air, try something with a 3 stage rocker (stay away from the hyperlite 3ds, it sticks to water like glue)

Jeff W
09-28-2009, 10:24 AM
I've been wakeboarding for over 10 years, and the damage to knees and back start to set in over time. I used to ride very aggressive boards, but now I like the Hyperlite Roam. Its basically a snowboard for the water. Its light, smooth, and easy to do alot of tricks on. All of my friends use my board instead of theirs when we go out. its just a fun board all around. But if you're looking for big air, try something with a 3 stage rocker (stay away from the hyperlite 3ds, it sticks to water like glue)

If your knees are hurting and you want soft landings - do yourself a favor and buy a Slingshot Recoil 142 next year.

The softest landings of any board I've ridden EVER. By a long shot. Matched wi the PB Floyds - it's all gravy.

viking
10-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I'm fairly new to wakeboarding (been a skier) and bought the Hyperlite Apex with Remix bindings. I love it. Anybody else use this board?

Jeff W
10-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Today's BBB is the 09' Hyperlite State for $99 + shipping.

Smokin deal for someone looking for their first or second (up to high level intermediate) board or REALLY good for someone looking to put together a "boat board"..

Yesterday they had Domain bindings for $79..

You could put together and "advanced" boat board for your friends for $200 shipped.

BBB in the fall/winter >>>>> *

sandm
10-03-2009, 11:00 AM
I just picked up a new '08 hyperlite aside 141 and a set of new ronix kai closed toe boots from my dealer as my next board.
hoping it rides nice.
my salesman quit the business and went back to his home city. caught him on his last day and he gave me a smoking deal..