PDA

View Full Version : Hull Damage

Panhandler
04-21-2004, 11:06 AM
Waiting for my new 04 XLV to arrive! I am planning on keeping my boat on the lake in a slip all summer. Will I encounter any problems with the hulll in doing so?

MEDIC151
04-21-2004, 04:41 PM
I personally don't keep mine in a slip, but it only takes me 6 minutes to get on the water. I have seen most people keep theirs on a lift to keep the hull from getting filthy. The longest that I have kept mine in the water is 10 days while on vacation and found that if you don't have it sitting level (i.e. beached) the auto bilge won't kick on till you level it or you get a ton of water in the hull.

B

Panhandler
04-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Thanks for the imput. I live in the panhandle of Idaho and the drive to the lake is on unpaved mountain roads, so the drive is really hard on the boat. I own a slip on the lake and will leave the boat in the water for the season. My season is April 1 till the snow flies.

purplepower
04-21-2004, 07:06 PM
Is a vertical boat lift a possibiity? They have come down alot in price and the alloy frame makes them easy to install. The one I like has a canopy to keep the sun off. My neighbour can lift his boat up in less time than it takes to tie it to the dock. I avoid leaving the boat in the water.