PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Moomba LSV

Laurieb
09-17-2009, 09:46 AM
We found a used Moomba that we really like- It's a 2005 with only 74 hours on it- I've heard that either 2005 or 2006 it was redesigned to make it deeper-(still thinking about those rough waters). Does anyone know which year that actually occured?

RobertJ
09-17-2009, 10:28 AM
I am pretty sure it was 2006.

jimmobius
09-17-2009, 11:26 AM
I have one and often thought about if if I should have purchased an 06 or newer. I have had the boats side by side in the water and the difference is noticeable. The 06 is deeper , wider , and longer . There is more room in the back storage areas beside the engine, I think you can actually fit a wake board in there on top of the ballast bag. The tower is different , you can stand up in the boat and not hit your head on it if you are 6' or taller. The seating is better , it doesn't feel like you are sitting on a cushion on the floor.
Big water: I have had mine on lakes with pretty good size waves going into them in all directions and have had a little water over the bow a couple of times. If you keep on the throttle and keep the bow up they do pretty well. So if you get caught out you can get back to shore/ramp safely if you know how to drive the boat. Another advantage is the 05 lsv is shorter and narrower , less boat to handle and wash , clean , etc. My 2 cents.
Jim.

Laurieb
09-17-2009, 12:02 PM
A dealer I spoke to said the old LSV is the same size as the Outback? Does that make sense to you?

kaneboats
09-17-2009, 12:07 PM
I believe I've heard before that the current OBV is essentially the same hull as the old (2005 and back) LSV hull.

K_E_N
09-18-2009, 04:05 PM
I believe I've heard before that the current OBV is essentially the same hull as the old (2005 and back) LSV hull.

That was true until the '09's. The 2009 OBV's are completely new hulls and are quite different from the older LSV's and subsequently the OBV's for 2006-2008.

smokedog2
09-18-2009, 08:27 PM
I have an 05 LSV, bought it new. It now has about 300 hours.

It is not a great boat for really big water. My lake is 7 miles long but I don't go out in really big swells. 2-3 foot are fine but after that it is not fun. I've never feared for my life and only once ran from the wind -that was in my 18 foot Lund - turned out to be the Huricane leftovers -- 70 MPH+. It was a short run and not really much more than not fun.

I really like my boat but if I were buying today, I'd get the newer LSV. It is a nice boat.

As far as rough water - the margin between the two Moombas is too small to bet your life on. If I stayed home with one, I would stay home with the other.

c.rix
09-19-2009, 11:08 AM
05 lsv is the 06-08 outback v I had my 07 obv next to a 05 lsv and they are identical
I have had my boat in some nasty water and it does ok just have to go slow and be careful but the same can be said for any boat