PDA

View Full Version : Pulled out of bindings

mnpracing
09-15-2009, 09:00 PM
Anyone ever crash and get yanked out of your bindings? I have the LF Vantage bindings and I've been yanked out only twice when catching a front edge.

Lawdog
09-15-2009, 10:24 PM
yeah I have the LF Sphynx bindings and have been pulled out of them 3 times. I've been thinking of getting a different pair of bindings though.

dtlaine
09-15-2009, 11:42 PM
I have CWB Factions, and I've been pulled out twice. I actually commented about a month ago that I didn't think it would be possible. Since then, it's happened twice, and needless to say, they were hard crashes. I was seriously sore for a week after the last one.

Hillbilly
09-16-2009, 12:26 AM
This topic has been debated a bunch....To come out or to stay in.
Everybody has different opinions on what is better.

I ride CWB Answers and I wear them laced pretty tight, Therefore if I come out I know it was a hard fall. I think the worst crashes are when 1 foot comes out and 1 stays in. That is when you break bones or blow out knee's.

My friend has come out of his Vantages a couple times on hard falls. I think it depends on how high the bindings come up and if they are stiff ?

Glad you guy's didn't twist a knee or get hurt too bad !!

Jeff W
09-16-2009, 12:13 PM
I came out of one and stayed in one last night. Luckily it went Ok. I went wake to wake 180 and landed toeside switch. I cased the wake with my tail and caught a light edge and one foot came out. thank god nothing happened. The last thing I need is an ACL repair right now.

Hillbilly
09-17-2009, 11:42 AM
Skating is harder on the body then you would imagine! Yeah you are loose, But a lot of twisted knees and broken legs it seems from coming down with 1 leg on the board and the other just digs in to the water.

Good luck either way..

skiyaker
09-27-2009, 12:45 PM
came out of my liquid force index bindings for the first time yesterday- didn't think it would be possible but it is. I've only been wakeboarding for about 2 months and I'm still trying to consistently clear the second wake; This time I didn't and stuck the front edge coming down off the wake- when it stuck I kind of twisted around and landed on my back. Both feet came out but I sprained my front ankle pretty good- thought I was going to ski today but since I can't walk I guess I'll have to bag it :( . On another note I was wearing a helmet and my head hurts a lot less than the last time I took a similar fall. But now I'm pondering the age old question- should I make my bindings tighter or looser?

spindoc
10-20-2009, 12:32 AM
i ride rode LF Transits until 1in1out crash tore my ab muscle.took 3 weeks off.got ronix cell closed toe and so far so good.last summer torn rotator cuff and concussion while wearing helmet.wakeboarding is tough on my 52 year old body.

Swamp Star
10-28-2009, 06:26 PM
My foot pulled out early this year and it took about 2 months to get right. Something popped in my foot and I walked on cruches for about 2 weeks. I wouldnt wish that on anybody.

mmandley
11-01-2009, 03:59 PM
I have a Hyperlight board and Ronix boots. For a couple weekend it seemed every day i was losing bolts out of my boots.

I would tighten them down and by the end of my ride id crash and all the sudden my boot was lose again. I was lucky i didnt twist my ankle.

I ended up breaking my screw driver tip tightening them. Not the dam boots wont come off LOL.

mmandley
11-02-2009, 12:39 PM
- So I was told that I could warranty the LF - they would likely cover it - and I'll get to that eventually - it was exactly the same deal - they wouldn't tighten down - boots had movement and the screws wouldn't tighen - not cool... I rode the board but didn't leave the surface and made the most of the afternoon...

Now if anyone is in the market for some 07 byerly closed-toes - I would make someone a screaming deal...

What size bro? I dont need them but i got several buddies this year who learned to ride behind my boat and im pushing them to get used gear for there first set so there not thrashing in my gear all the time LOL.