PDA

View Full Version : shaped skis ?

moombadaze
09-14-2009, 04:46 PM
Any body ride one? After not skiing for about 18yrs I would like to give it a go again, watching some friends ski has brought back the desire to ski again. Im not looking at even trying the course, just some good ol fun cuttin back and forth. Thinking about the big shaped ski just for ease of use. thoughts?

jmvotto
09-14-2009, 06:50 PM
I bought the Obrien Synchro, a wider body ski that will let you cut hard if you want. the big daddy etc, are really for sliding back and forth. my .02

http://www.bartswatersports.com/catalog.asp?P=52226

i got mine on a close out 299.00

Sled491
09-14-2009, 08:36 PM
One guy in our boat in your situation has an HO Burner. He can make most of the course on it. He has progressed beyond the ski now, but it served him well. He gets up so much easier then the rest of us. I personally have skied the HO Triumph which the next level up, but still a shaped ski. I liked it and have been considering getting one to slow down on and work on technique with.

Mikey
09-14-2009, 08:55 PM
Thats my old ski which i still enjoy. It's exactly that. Its a very capable ski even in the course, but its nice to try again after my Monza as it tells you too smarten up and ski properly as they behave quite differently.