PDA

View Full Version : Last Camping Trip

Razzman
09-14-2009, 01:43 PM
We had our last campout last weekend friday-sunday and of course had some freaky weather for us this time of year! Lightning, thunder and a small touch of rain on saturday morning. Got out just before it hit and spent the morning running from it! Come noon it had mostly cleared out so we had a great weekend anyway.

Razzman
09-14-2009, 07:24 PM
It's a forced end of season for me, I'm having knee surgery next week so unfortunately that was it for me. I'll be down for a few weeks and then it'll be therapy and such.

tazz3069
09-14-2009, 07:50 PM
That looks like Don Pedro to me. Sorry to hear about your knee. I just came back from a great weekend at the Delta with my friends. The water was glass all day long. Friday started at 6am and ended at 8:30pm with two fill ups on gas. Boy gas is expensive up there.

Sled491
09-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Sucks about the knee. That last pic is pretty cool. Let me quess, the water is usually all the way up to the tree line?

Razzman
09-14-2009, 09:14 PM
I scheduled the knee surgery back in April. They wanted to do it right away but i said not until after Sept. 1st, there's too many people that would be disappointed if i was out all summer, mainly all my grandsons!

Yeah it's Pedro, the water line is the middle line on the last pic, it's down about 35'. This is the ONLY lake in Cali with any decent water right now! Still have areas over 200' though!

Gas is expensive on the Delta period!

Razzman
09-16-2009, 05:26 PM
I hope so too! I'm going back to school full time to get my BS (required for fed job) and i start in December so i'd better be mobile! Yeah Ed that buzz is cool! :p

clarkro2
09-16-2009, 06:15 PM
We had our last campout last weekend friday-sunday and of course had some freaky weather for us this time of year! Lightning, thunder and a small touch of rain on saturday morning. Got out just before it hit and spent the morning running from it! Come noon it had mostly cleared out so we had a great weekend anyway.

Looks like Lake McClure.

Razzman
09-16-2009, 07:20 PM
I'm going for a degree in Information Technology specializing in Data Systems Security. It's mainly securing data/network/internet systems against hacking and other electronic threats. The VA is paying for everything to include a federal job when done.

This is a real big demand job right now going forward so all federal agencies are scrambling for people in that field. As an example Homeland Security considers those actions a terroristic threat and has literally hundreds of openings all over the country and abroad for this.

Your never too old to learn and I'm really looking forward to it. I've been in the IT field for over 16 years but as i was grandfathered in by AT&T and such i never needed the "paper" to prove it until now with jobs being what they are so I'm making the move.