PDA

View Full Version : tower speaker covers

gus 08 mobius lsv
09-14-2009, 08:12 AM
i have the kmt6 tower speakers...anyone with these that have the covers for them. do you make them or can ya buy them somewhere? is it just to keep dirt and bugs off or is a water resistant material too?

Jeff W
09-14-2009, 10:18 AM
Speaker Sox or have your wife sew some up.

mcdye
09-14-2009, 11:11 AM
I am cheap and probably look cheesy going down the road, but walmart sacks work.

gus 08 mobius lsv
09-16-2009, 09:39 AM
i'm a single guy so now i can add another thing to the list on reasons to get married! i'm not knocking your idea cause in a pinch i guess it'd work but if they blow off thats 500 dollars for littering so hell i might as well buy some for a fraction of that. when i did my search i see socks for the bullet style but not the pod style that the kmt6's are.

04OUTBACK
09-16-2009, 07:22 PM
definitely speaker sox! look on ebay. JIM is great at Speaker sox.. super service

mmandley
09-17-2009, 12:06 PM
Gus if your getting a lot of bugs you can use a light coating of peanut oil or cooking oil or anything like that. Just a real light coat and when you get to you destination just a spray on some glass cleaner and wipe it off and the bugs come off too. No hassel at all.

I am how ever having Claudia make me some covers this winter for the speakers and board roacks.

gus 08 mobius lsv
09-17-2009, 03:35 PM
Gus if your getting a lot of bugs you can use a light coating of peanut oil or cooking oil or anything like that. Just a real light coat and when you get to you destination just a spray on some glass cleaner and wipe it off and the bugs come off too. No hassel at all.

I am how ever having Claudia make me some covers this winter for the speakers and board roacks.

sounds good i'll have to give that a try but still wouldn't mind having something to protect the connections from taking on a downpour.

after she makes yours let me know how they turned out please! and if u have left over material and she is bored someday i'll pay her to make me a set and for shipping them to ohio!?

mmandley
09-17-2009, 03:38 PM
You bet man as a matter a fact when she makes them im going to tell her to make a pattern for them. Maybe we can get into a little home grown buisness for the winter or something LOL. I buy her materials and does the work. I like it i do i do LOL.

gus 08 mobius lsv
09-17-2009, 03:41 PM
You bet man as a matter a fact when she makes them im going to tell her to make a pattern for them. Maybe we can get into a little home grown buisness for the winter or something LOL. I buy her materials and does the work. I like it i do i do LOL.

so do i cause i need them and i sure as heck don't sew!! i'm sure you'd get quite a few offers if u advertise on here with some pics of them. just keep me posted mike!

brain_rinse
09-17-2009, 05:33 PM
My wife made some covers for my board racks and a pair of covers for my brother's kmt6s. One pic here: https://forum.moomba.com/showpost.php?p=69935&postcount=18
The rack covers were easy, the kmt6s not so much. I've been hassling her for covers for my fusions, but nothing yet...

kaneboats
04-14-2010, 02:09 PM
So, what happened with the side business? I am already sick of cleaning bugs off the tower and we haven't had love bug season yet. Anybody have a pattern or instructions for making these? What material works? Can you shake them off and throw them in the wash? Thanks!

brain_rinse
04-14-2010, 02:23 PM
I think I can convince my wife to make a bunch of board rack covers for everyone. What's a fair price for a set of 4? I'll talk to her about it tonight.

Tower speaker covers are going to be tough though since everyone has different brands and are much more complicated to sew.

viking
04-14-2010, 02:28 PM
I'd be in for a set of them depending on price :)
I've been trying to talk my wife or mother into sewing up a pair all winter.
No such luck yet :D

mmandley
04-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Me and CLaudia have been talking this over a lot too. We are actualy working on a home buisness idea we have. These covers will be part of it. Just with vacation it all got messed up lol.

We have some measurements and test material ready. Should be cutting and sewing them this weekend to do test fits. After that shouldnt take long to mass produce them.

Some other things we are working on is some side instaltion work of upgrades, stereo stuff and other sorts for boats. We are goign to open a web page with all Fierahs upgrades and such for people to see it all in one spot and i can do this work in my off time since i only work 3 or 4 days a week.

Ill keep ya up to date as well.

brain_rinse
04-14-2010, 05:02 PM
Sounds like Mike has got it already in the works so I'll bow out. Good luck with the side business!

mmandley
04-14-2010, 05:20 PM
Sounds like Mike has got it already in the works so I'll bow out. Good luck with the side business!

No need to step out unless you want to man. I was talking about what we have in the works lol.