PDA

View Full Version : Finally Happened converted a MC guy

Sled491
09-13-2009, 08:46 PM
So I've been skiing with the same 3 guys all summer. Not surprisingly all 3 own MC's with me being the lone Moomba owner. Today my turn to drive and the guy that the other 2 tend to follow was on my boat. We skied all morning, down to 35 off, each making a minimum of 4 sets. I let the big guy drive my boat for a couple pulls and of course he skied behind my Outback. After the morning his only comment was how nice my boat looked, and he loved my Sea Deck swim platform mat.

Well later in the afternoon the one guy who couldn't make this morning comes out on his pontoon to where we are anchored to hang out. First words out of his mouth are "what did you do to Dean, all he wants now is a Moomba". I was floored, he said nothing this morning, and now he's telling the other guys he would like to get rid of his MC and get a new Outback.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, people just need to ski behind and get behind the helm of a Moomba to really appriciate one. Better yet just to get past the stereo typical attitude towards our beloved boat:)

zegm
09-13-2009, 09:23 PM
Congradulations Sled!!!!

It took us about 5 minutes to get converted after we got towed home in an Outback 3 years ago! I just couldn't get over the room and when I got home and saw the purchase price on the internets it was all over. It was the beginning of ZEGM on the Moomba boards followed by an LS 9 months later!

jester
09-14-2009, 12:12 PM
Moomba is a great boat. The MC guys are the hard ones to get away from their boats into other boats. I know everyone that has gone out behind my boat has loved it and will look at the Moomba when they replace their current boat. Think next summer Moomba will support some of us to go lake to lake showing off the Moomba line? That would not be a bad way to spend the summer on the lake showing off a great boat.

Sled491
09-14-2009, 03:21 PM
Jester, works for me, but I'm afraid I'm not in the "In crowd" :)

yearround
09-15-2009, 11:08 AM
i ski with a guy in a MC 190, fantastic ski boat. he had not been in my LSV, until yesterday. it does not have the ski wake on the outback, or the 190, but, he was very surprised at how good it was. i don't think i have converted him, but he was certainly impressed.

we were not running a course, just free skiing on the lake.