PDA

View Full Version : Cumberland on 4th of July???

bluoval
04-20-2004, 08:14 PM
Is anyone going to Lake Cumberland over the 4th of July. My wife and I are planning to spend the week down there and wanted to know if any other Moomba owners will be enjoying the 80 degree water!

Livindadream
04-23-2004, 07:35 AM
Gotta admit blu, Cumberland on 4th of July in anything other than a Cigarette boat is a little much for me. I hit Cumberland a couple weekends a year, but try to avoid the holidays. Ever been to Norris? I will be there over the 4th. Great fire works deal at Sequoyah Marina, kind of a small version of the WEBN deal on the River. Doesn't seem to be many Moomba owners in this area. Where you from?

DCM
04-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Never made it to Cumberland on the 4th, heard lots of good stories though. We were invited last year to go with some friends on a houseboat but the wife was prego, so we figured that probably wouldn't be the wisest situation. We have been many other times with friends and family around Difficulty Creek. Enjoy!

seanpatsdad
04-24-2004, 08:27 AM
We hit Cumberland a couple times a year also.We just bought a 04 Mobius LSV.Live in Southern Indiana.Cumberland on the 4th is pretty crowded but fun.Little harderer to find a empty cove.We put in at the statedock and camp there also.Watch out for the Police boats on that weekend because they seem to clamp down a little tougher on the 4th especially down around the falls.Have fun.
John