PDA

View Full Version : Filling G3 ballast system?

Venom93corba
09-12-2009, 02:57 PM
I've only tried to filling them once or twice but do they automaticly stop once the switch is turned to "Fill"? I I saw them blinking and them they stopped blinking and went to a solid light. Does that mean there done filling? I'm just affraid the my wife or I will forget to turn they off and the bag will over fill then burst, haha. Is that possible?

mmandley
09-12-2009, 04:32 PM
Nope not possible to burst the bag, the pumps arnt that powerfull. What does happen is when they are full it will start to drain as an over flow.

We turn ours on and leave it that way till we see water comming out of the drain ports then we turn it off.

It will continue to drain untill the pressure is lower then what the drain pump can hold back. Also if you pile a bunch of gear on the bags they can drain slowly too. I dont have this problem but i generaly only have tubes and extra back packs on mine.

Venom93corba
09-12-2009, 04:37 PM
I wonder if the 09's are different though. They did redo their ballast system. The first time I filled it the bag felt super tight, to the point that it was hard to push in.

Venom93corba
09-12-2009, 06:27 PM
Sweet thats good to know. Have you ever noticed that switches blinking then stop? it doesnt say much in manual about the ballast system.