PDA

View Full Version : upholstery skins

moomba wannabe
09-10-2009, 02:51 PM
I need to replace the vinyl on the 2 rear storage area doors (sundeck) on my 05 Outback. I contacted the nearest dealer for price on skins and they promptly got back to me with a price of $434. Each. Are you kidding me?

Was just wondering if anybody did the skins and if they found a better price. Wow. Or since this seems to be somewhat of a common problem - upholstery failing on the rear sundecks - if anybody knows if Skiers Choice is offering some sort of beyond warranty program for this.

I'm sure I can get the vinly redone at a shop for a more reasonable price just thought the skins would be a good way to go to get a better match.

zabooda
09-10-2009, 03:07 PM
I got perfect matches at an upholstery shop at less than $100 a fix.

jasonba1
09-11-2009, 09:26 AM
call jim at viper customs he should be able to help you out 865-388-4096

scoot_gt
09-11-2009, 12:38 PM
...a price of $434. Each. Are you kidding me?

This sounds like a bit of a ripoff. I replaced one V drive side compartment on an Outback V (3 colors) for around $150 installed from a dealer in Fall of 07.

moomba wannabe
09-13-2009, 04:13 PM
This sounds like a bit of a ripoff.

Thats what I was thinking. I think the doors we're talking about are pretty similar only theyre over the motor on a v-drive.

I will give Viper Customs a shot and/or local upholstery shop.

Just FYI update; got a price of $330 for both shipped from Viper Customs which is alot easier to swallow. I am going to check with a shop for install costs of the skins and to see what they want for the whole job. Thanks for the help.