PDA

View Full Version : upgrading LSV08 from Cruise to PerfectPass, a new life has started

jixim
09-09-2009, 11:28 PM
I saved for a few months the money ;) and ordered the PErfectPass Stargazer wakeboard a couple weeks ago.
Install was fairly easy. The hard part was to center the display/button unit in the dashboard, because the bolt that's supposed to go on the hole at the bottom of the display unit was too low. I had to cut a notch (see attached pic), and then I also added mounting tape at the back of the display unit where the steel plate goes to hold it and make sure it won't slide down.
Wiring was more than simple on the lsv08 because it's ready to go. The only glitch came from the harness... the Orange STATUS wire and the Black GROUND wire were reversed on this harness. It took me and the folks at PP a few days to discover this, but the first move from PP was to overnight a new system. Bad luck and really good support. One other small thing: there are 3 wires hanging on the harness, labeled "SWITCH", "TIMER" & "TIMER": don't worry about then, but the install guide forgot to mention it.
The good surprise: the PP displays the water temperature. I did not know there was also a sensor pre installed on the boat!

Finally, on the water it's night and day compared to the moomba cruise. Really that's not a spending, that's an investment. I love it!
JC

RobertJ
09-10-2009, 12:57 AM
Cool, I am hoping to upgrade my '07 LSV this winter.

mofierka
09-10-2009, 09:13 AM
I installed my PP couple months ago on my 08' LSV.
Works great. I couldn't find where the water temp display was.
I figured it wasn't an option on the moomba.
I was just wondering if you could tell me how to find the water temp on my display.
Thanks

yearround
09-10-2009, 11:05 AM
I was just wondering if you could tell me how to find the water temp on my display.
Thanks

going from memory, which is getting bad,
push menu and the up arrow then the up arrow a few times, then menu

nuts, that seems really vague, i know how t osee it, but i can't tell you unless i am there.
sorry, thought i could help.

jixim
09-10-2009, 11:51 AM
Thanks
Well, I did not do any setup, the temp was showing up on the display right away. First time I saw it, the boat was on the trailer, so I thought it was the air temp, but then I realized it's the water temp.
I'll look a the software version of the PP I have and will post a follow up.

spyder
09-10-2009, 04:24 PM
menu + up.

press menu until you get to system info.

then i think you press up.

mofierka
09-10-2009, 04:35 PM
yearround, thanks for trying!!

Thanks for the replys. Ill check it out when I get home.

It definitely wasn't on the main display.

yearround
09-10-2009, 06:42 PM
i think spyder has it, that looks better than my description. i think it also depends on which PP version you have.

jixim
09-12-2009, 01:01 AM
here's the version info of the system showing the temp + a pic with temp displayed

jester
09-13-2009, 12:48 PM
Earler this year i got a new PP computer and it will now display the temp when the system is on or off. I dont know the ver right now but it was a new one off the PP floor in June.