PDA

View Full Version : Question for XLV owners

you da man
09-08-2009, 11:26 PM
Just trying to get an idea of how many of you current or previous XLV owners have either the 325, 340, or 409 motor. The new 08 XLV I'm looking at has the 325.

mjwray
09-08-2009, 11:44 PM
I have an 08 Gravity Games XLV and I have the 325, I was concerned about having the 325 hp, but bagging out the gravity 3 ballast and 3 people and it launches out of the hole and has plenty of power for more people. I was in the same predicament as you with a great deal on an 08 and I have no regrets. I am not sure what prop I have but I think the Gravity Games comes with the wakeboard prop, I sure the experts on here will know. Anymore questions just let me know!

Matt

you da man
09-08-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks mj, I'm hoping some of the other members will chime in with their knowledge. This is my only concern about this boat. I have another post regarding the prop issue to remedy the 325 engine.

mjwray
09-09-2009, 12:04 AM
Yea, not completely sure what prop I have but it runs like a champ!! If you close to Guntersville AL you free to try it. I haven't max speed tested with the GPS because I usually cruise at 30 mph GPS and it does seem to get decent fuel milage, but when I am wake boarding at 23 MPH it gets excellent fuel millage.

Matt

you da man
09-09-2009, 12:16 AM
I test drove an Epic this past Saturday...man that boat is explosive out of the hole. I love the power and ballast of the Epic but the interior is blah. It's purely functional with no bells and whistles...not even carpet, just foam floor. I really like the interior of the XLV and the boat is custom color...medium blue main hull with orange accent on top with white deck. I'll be doing a demo this Thursday on the XLV, the dealer said he'll let me take out the Gravity Games 08 XLV since it has the GGIII ballast and a 325 motor. He said we can fill the ballast and then drive the boat to see how I like it.

SJTLMT
09-09-2009, 07:56 AM
I have an 08 XLV with the 340 and we usually have a crew of 8-10 and with that many people and ballast you need the extra hp. it really depends on how many people you are going to have on the boat

Ian Brantford
09-09-2009, 09:52 AM
I have the 340 and my friend on the same lake has the 325. These are XLV's, with his being a GG and my boat's ballast being upgraded to at least match the GG. We have driven each other's boats.

We notice no difference except that mine can rev higher and thus attain better top speed. If you do double-ups a lot, I suppose that the 340 might help get you out of being bogged down quicker.

Other than that, the only difference is at the top end... and it really sucks fuel at those high RPM's, so I rarely use it. You can hear the extra ports opening up, dumping your cash straight into the lake. The 325 is plenty. Much more important is to have the proper propeller.

09-11-2009, 11:54 AM
I have the 340, and have been totally happy with it, but I bought it more for the lower emisssions then the extra 15hp. With 2650lbs of ballast weight and a bunch of passengers, the boat is gonna be a bit of a turtle no matter which motor you have but the wake is oh so good!