PDA

View Full Version : Surfed my 02 DD Outback

Jeff W
09-08-2009, 11:07 AM
8 people on the boat.

3 guys in the rear corner (big guys), me driving, wife in the passenger seat and 2 bow babes..

My guy surfed for 20 minutes. Freerode the entire time.

Anyone who thinks they need a vdrive and 3500 lbs of ballast in the rear corner are nuts. Granted, I've seen bigger surf waves but you can definately do it with little weight.

We surfed it the weekend before with a 750 in the rear and one guy in one corner.

kaneboats
09-08-2009, 11:14 AM
Pics, Jeff, pics????

kaneboats
09-08-2009, 02:59 PM
I got the complaint the other day when we were surfing-- no where to go and can't walk on the floor . . .

I said, "So are you saying you want a new boat?"

I did not get the reply I was expecting but Mrs. Kane was asking a lot of questions about the different models over the weekend with all the Moomba owners around.

Jeff W
09-08-2009, 03:03 PM
The wife actually took some videos. I'll post them in a day or two - along with some pics.

moombadaze
09-08-2009, 03:34 PM
Mrs. Kane was asking a lot of questions about the different models over the weekend with all the Moomba owners around.

Pat, very sorry that I didnt get your daughter out skiing behind the lsv

GeauxTigers
09-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Moombadaze,

No problem we took her!

Wait you were wanting a comparison, did MrsZ ever ski behind your boat?

Now MrsZ is complaining about skiing behind our LS after Maxpower took her skiing behind his Outback!

What to do, what to do!

I guess I need to get a job at Burger King at night so I can have 2 ski boats!
MrsZ is now saying we should have kept that old MC and the LS. Yeah but she wasn't the one that had to fix, repair, replace, maintain or do something to it every spring! And with 2 jobs I would NOT have the time either! :D

I don't know Z... the Walmart greeter gig is much more prestigious.

kaneboats
09-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Well it's not going to be this year anyway. We have lots of time before we get to that. I don't think an LSV would fit in the garage. I take my platform off and the door makes it by about an inch.

kaneboats
09-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Hmmmm. Wonder if Hooters could use a busboy?

viking
09-10-2009, 12:51 PM
Jeff W -
Let me get this straight. You have a DD ski boat and with 7 adults (you don't have to admit to being grown up) you were able to put out a big enough wake to surf? I am very intrigued because I have an 08 Outback. I always thought you needed to allocate the weight to one rear corner. To get 3 people in the back seat would fill the entire back. I'll have to try it if that is so............
I'm an avid skier and that is why I went with the outback. Just started wakeboarding and getting pretty good. Now looking to get bigger wakes to play and try my hand at surfing. If I can do it with my boat without upgrading to V-drive for the next few years let's just say that'd be AWESOME! Any pics when available would be helpfull.
thanks

Jeff W
09-11-2009, 10:04 AM
Jeff W -
Let me get this straight. You have a DD ski boat and with 7 adults (you don't have to admit to being grown up) you were able to put out a big enough wake to surf? I am very intrigued because I have an 08 Outback. I always thought you needed to allocate the weight to one rear corner. To get 3 people in the back seat would fill the entire back. I'll have to try it if that is so............
I'm an avid skier and that is why I went with the outback. Just started wakeboarding and getting pretty good. Now looking to get bigger wakes to play and try my hand at surfing. If I can do it with my boat without upgrading to V-drive for the next few years let's just say that'd be AWESOME! Any pics when available would be helpfull.
thanks

Yes Sir. We put 3 bigger guys in the back corner, my wife and I in the captain/observer and two additional bow babes up front and we surfed many times.

Keep in mind - these were big guys. We had at LEAST 650 lbs in the rear corner plus another 550 lbs spread out in the boat.