PDA

View Full Version : sad, sad day

eseebeck
09-08-2009, 08:51 AM
Well took the outback out of the water yesterday. I put it off till the last minute, 7:30 pm. then froze my you know off getting the dock and hoist out of the water. But its done. I'll put the boat in a few more times but waking up this morning and looking out the window to a lake without a MOOMBA on the hoist in front of the house is a bummer though.

no there she sits in the driveway all covered up and I have to admit that I cried a little when I pulled out of the driveway and drove past her. The lazy days of lounging in the boat and taking turns skiing are gone for now, but I can't help but focus on the upcoming spring and summer of 2010.

kaneboats
09-08-2009, 10:28 AM
Wow! It seems so early. I remember hoping for one more w/e after Labor Day. Sometimes I'd wait till the end of Sept. and never get another decent weekend day. Had to move south.

c.rix
09-08-2009, 10:36 AM
Yea It sucks I brought my boat home 2 weeks ago Leaving the lift in untill the 26th man is it going to be cold then in northern minnesota

We usually ski here untill the first week of october if it stays decent that is with this summer we had I doubt it will happen this year

GeauxTigers
09-08-2009, 12:43 PM
The day is coming soon in Northern Utah. I think we can still sneak in a couple of day trips to Jordanelle and Deer Creek in September. I do believe the last trip may be down to Southern Utah during the kids' Fall break. Who knows???? This year has shown us the strangest weather patterns I can recall in the past 10 years.

ABUCKOTOMAMBO
09-08-2009, 12:50 PM
Monday driving back to Fargo the highway was like a boat parade. Many, many boats being pulled home to be winterized then put away for cold winter storage. The only good news is that Grouse season opens saturday morning so I'll be dusting off my shotgun and taking my dog for a long walk this weekend.

skiyaker
09-08-2009, 09:44 PM
Still warm enough in Indiana- water temp mid 70s-good thing 'cause I'm not done with the moomba yet (got her 2 months ago- have 40+ hrs already). Going to slalom tomorrow and yes attempt to surf again also. I find myself looking at Barts website for drysuits and homes.com for property in Florida.

BensonWdby
09-08-2009, 11:02 PM
Skied without wet suit this weekend in mid-western WI. Water was actually pretty comfortable.We hope to go to the end of September w/o wet suit? Last runs 2nd w/e in Oct. More concerned about the boat than water temp. Last thing I need is cracked block.

eseebeck
09-09-2009, 09:03 AM
STrange circumstances this year. our lake is actually a damed up river, the dam needs some repairs so they are lowering the water level 4 feet for about 6 weeks. With the water being that low, skiing and boating are out of the picture. When the water comes back up in mid october the water in mid michigan will be too cold for the kids to ski and coaxing them in the boat at those temps is too much work.

Generally, we leave the boat and hoist in the water until late sept. I do have to admit, getting the dock and hoist out in warmer weather is kinda nice

c.rix
09-09-2009, 11:21 AM
STrange circumstances this year. our lake is actually a damed up river, the dam needs some repairs so they are lowering the water level 4 feet for about 6 weeks. With the water being that low, skiing and boating are out of the picture. When the water comes back up in mid october the water in mid michigan will be too cold for the kids to ski and coaxing them in the boat at those temps is too much work.

Generally, we leave the boat and hoist in the water until late sept. I do have to admit, getting the dock and hoist out in warmer weather is kinda nice

That would have been nice let them drain the lake down then walk out and remove docks and lift before they fill it and not have to get wet

ian ashton
09-09-2009, 12:22 PM
Wow, thats pretty early to take it out! I leave my boat in until the marina closes on October 15th, then we drop it in on weekends. I don't have a hoist to pull out though. I was just up at Torch Lake in Northern Michigan and the water was like 75 degrees, what lake are you on, and how cold is it?

Sled491
09-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Man we are having the best weather we've had all year, and best of all almost no boats. 3 guys this morning, 3 sets each, saw only 2 fishing boats all morning. Yeah we're wearing our shorties but still a long ways from the Dry suit. Working out details for a Haloween ski!

Kids are still swimming and surfing with just swim suits, might be a better fall than summer!

skiyaker
09-12-2009, 09:44 PM
no doubt about the weather being nice- had the best day of the year last week. I have a question for you guys that keep your boats in the water late since this is my first year owing a boat. Do you use an engine compartment heater or anything? I'm the type of guy who will be watching the weather reports each night wondering whether my engine will be damaged if it dips below freezing. I've had one guy tell me it really has to get down to 20-25 to cause damage (he takes his last ski ride each Thanksgiving in a dry suit) but I'd really like to hear some opinions from owners who have been through this a few times. Thanks in advance.

viking
09-13-2009, 12:50 AM
Same as here in MT. Nice days in the 70's and 80's. Warm enough to ski and play but can get a snow storm anytime in september. Worried more about the boat! Can always warm up myself :D

Skied without wet suit this weekend in mid-western WI. Water was actually pretty comfortable.We hope to go to the end of September w/o wet suit? Last runs 2nd w/e in Oct. More concerned about the boat than water temp. Last thing I need is cracked block.

jmvotto
09-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Our water temp is about 75 degrees , the air temp and cruddy weather seams to hamper the boating issues. depending on the weather late september early october we'll pull the plug. last season it was late october.:sad:

04OUTBACK
09-13-2009, 11:00 PM
JOE,
Check your Thermometer!! :) as we found out today...it was 66 not 75!

As a lifelong MISSISSIPPI Resident, i am used to long fall season.. today was a reminder that my new life in NY will be a shorter fall!.. maybe I'll hunt a little prior the other boarding season!!! SNOW BOARDING.. i have bought snowboarding eqpt to get me through winter! I will survive!!

jmvotto
09-14-2009, 06:16 AM
Brad, yep we found that out the hard way. I have the ED G toe temp gage:mad: obviously not to accurate maybe a 10 degree variance. here's where i pulled the info.

http://www.keukalakeassoc.org/charts/water_temp.php

Sled491
09-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Going to be 85 here today. Monday morning, woke up 60 degrees, and flat flat flat. Just got in from running 3 sets, perfect weather. The weekend weather was insane, just beautiful. We had to keep jumping in to cool off.