PDA

View Full Version : The boat slowing down @2100rpm?

etang789
09-05-2009, 11:32 PM
I found out recently that my 2004 Moomba LSV would be very difficult to control the speed for wakeboarding, it will be either too fast or too slow.

So then I was observing the boat speed at different rpms... And found out when the boat is 2100 rpm with no rider and 3 person in the boat while the rpm stays the same the boat will keep slowing down until the wake is super washy:confused:

Any idea why is this happening?

etang789
09-07-2009, 02:15 PM
bum for help?

Hoopskier
09-07-2009, 02:59 PM
Just a thought.. Sounds like you are at the point where the boat is almost planed out and then it starts to sink back down in the water. This would explain the slowing speed but same rpm.

What prop are you running, ballast? Maybe a prop swap would help. Has the boat always done this?

These are all ideas.

etang789
09-09-2009, 01:54 AM
Just a thought.. Sounds like you are at the point where the boat is almost planed out and then it starts to sink back down in the water. This would explain the slowing speed but same rpm.

What prop are you running, ballast? Maybe a prop swap would help. Has the boat always done this?

These are all ideas.

Yes thats where the point is.

But I have not done any modification to the boat, and it has never done this before earlier this year, and just started to noticing this recently. I can comfortabley wakeboard @2100rpm before but now I cant the boat would either be too fast or too slow...

Ian Brantford
09-09-2009, 09:44 AM
It sounds like you might be seeing the very early symptoms of restricted fuel flow. You might want to check your fuel filter(s).

etang789
09-09-2009, 01:40 PM
It sounds like you might be seeing the very early symptoms of restricted fuel flow. You might want to check your fuel filter(s).

How do I check my fuel filters? Can it be DIY I dont see a filter anywhere?

etang789
09-09-2009, 10:13 PM
I have just spoke with my mechanic here, he said there could be a slim chance that its the restricted fuel flow from a clogged filter but he said my exhaust manifold is about to go!... Damn I hate this routine every 2~3 years the exhaust manifold needs to be changed...sigh