PDA

View Full Version : stereo help

gus 08 mobius lsv
09-04-2009, 09:53 PM
ok i'm done talking to the professional audio installers cause they all tell you something different to sell their stuff and some of u guys know alot about it. so a few questions that i had after talking to them. i've decided to install it myself with help from my cousin who knows a lot about audio wiring.

i have the kmt6 tower speakers so do i want a 2 or 4 channel amp for those to get the best sound and which one do ya suggest?

i'm have a 700.5 kicker amp for cabin and sub. how much different will good polk cabins be then my factory kickers? should i rewire the cabin speakers while i'm the middle of this project?

and i just got a sirius radio for the boat cause my lake don't get xxxx for radio stations but not sure what to do with the antenna cause there is very little metal on the boat for the magnet.

and i'm in the process of purchasing a ws 420 to control where and how loud the music is without making everyone in the boat move

so knowing what i had in mind will i need to upgrade my factory head unit? i know its sat radio ready but for all the other things i wanna add would i be better off ?

i seen in some threads new head units being an issue with the remotes and don't wanna cause more headaches for myself.

anyone with insite please fill me in.
and mike if the offer is still on the table i'll call ya when everything is purchased since we will have the similiar set up

Razzman
09-04-2009, 11:32 PM
Polks sound sooo much better than the Kickers, especially with the ZX700.5 amp. I used the factory cabin wire on my redo, it's heavy enough to get the job done. I think it's 16ga if i remember right.

Kickers ZX450.2 is a perfect match for those KMT6's

Most sat radio antennas are double sided taped to the deck behind or around the glovebox. I gotta ask why sat radio? Why not run an ipod and have your music when you want it with no fees or repeats?

The stock HU should be fine for what you want it to do. Can't speak for the WS-420 though as i don't know how they hook up.

gus 08 mobius lsv
09-05-2009, 04:02 PM
thanks for all the help and your insight. what would be the polk speakers to get..mm651?

well i got a killer deal on my sat radio receiver and its the one that u can store all kinds of songs on anyhow its the stilletto 2. so its kinda like an ipod in itself...i can carry it with me anywhere i go and listen to my stored songs up to 2 gb with an sd card so kinda same concept as ipod and i'm on it with my family so its pretty cheap. also for the sports games i wanna listen to and howard stern since they took him off of the e channel.

Razzman
09-05-2009, 10:48 PM
The MM651's are better sounding than the DB's although the DB's are great speakers in their own right.