PDA

View Full Version : Duck...Duck...POOP!

cpudoktr
09-03-2009, 01:43 PM
Has anyone come up with a succesful way to keep ducks of your boat dock? Or at least off the boat itself? For some reason it's never been much of an issue until here recently and they seem to be working third shift. Go to bed, clean boat, no sign of ducks. Wake up, still no sign of ducks but the rewards of all their hard work is on display for everyone to enjoy....yuck!

RobertJ
09-03-2009, 02:17 PM
I run a food processing plant and we use a round ball called "Terror Eyes" to keep birds away. It works great for us but we don't gets many ducks around our plant. You can check it out on this web site www.pestproducts.com/birdx/BXterroreyes.htm

wolfeman131
09-03-2009, 02:30 PM
silencer on a .22 and night vision goggles work for me. just shoot 'em before they get in the boat!

yes, in most states, silencers are legal to own for the non-felon citizen. the following states allow private ownership of silencers: AL, AR, AK, AZ, CO, CT, FL, GA, ID, IN, KY, LA, ME, MD, MT, NE, NV, NH, NM, NC, OH, OK, OR, PA, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, WI, and WY.

if you want the best, order one from a fellow Moomba owner:

http://www.advanced-armament.com

Geoffrey18
09-03-2009, 02:32 PM
12 gauge with #2 steel shot will take care of them. Just don't hit the boat.

jmvotto
09-03-2009, 03:24 PM
easy safe and green, moth balls wraped in cheescloth kept the barn swallaws ot of my lift and off the boat... under 10 bucks

dead duck decoy from cabellas may work as well.

dtlaine
09-03-2009, 04:24 PM
http://boatwhiskers.com/default.aspx

Waynes345
09-03-2009, 06:10 PM
Anybody have a solution for spiders? Even something to reduce them some? When I get back to my boat on the covered shore-station after a week, we're covered in spiders and webs. I did like to hear about the mothballs for the swallows and will try that one next spring. While they didn't bother me, they freaked my wife out.

germa001
09-03-2009, 06:44 PM
The first night we left our boat in the water we had a couple of swallows decide to use our boat as a toilet for their new house on our dock. I've heard a little rubber snake will work to keep them away. As for the ducks, I'm for the 12 gauge and #2 steel shot.

BensonWdby
09-03-2009, 07:01 PM
Maybe coyote urine? Getting a sample may be a bit tough though....

RobertJ
09-03-2009, 07:26 PM
How about a 4' Gator?

kaneboats
09-03-2009, 09:03 PM
That'd work. I can get you one of them if you need it. Hard to train though and a mite ornery.

RobertJ
09-03-2009, 09:36 PM
Kaneboats I was thinking of you when I wrote that, you were the "trouble on my dock" author, right? I bet you don't have Duck issues on your dock.

Northofthe49th
09-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Very simple
Place a white plastic milk container (gallon) or several of these fill it with water so it doesn't blow away.

I know you'll all laugh and so did my lake nieghbors
Everyone would ask why I left milk jugs on my dock
I told them to keep water fowl away I read it on the internet while researching my dock before I built it.It was under the heading dock tips don't remember the web site
So I said what the hell cause all my nieghbors had goose turds all over there docks

So I did it as soon as I built it I've never had one turd in Five years
Now when I look down the lake I see a dozen or so milk jugs LOL

I watch the geese and ducks steer clear of these they sit there and squawk at it and leave

eseebeck
09-09-2009, 09:29 AM
do you use the whole gator or just the urine as with the coyote?? Gotta be tough getting gator urine!