PDA

View Full Version : My Moomba's New Home Lake

04OUTBACK
09-01-2009, 10:42 PM
I have been absent from here for about 6 weeks.. trying to get moved to Upstate NY.. Started a new job.. living in a motel.. But I have moved my truck and Boat to Upstate NY.
This is my "New" Home Lake:
Canandaigua Lake

Just about 20 minutes from JMVOTTO.. hoping to catch up with him soon when life settles down!

spyder
09-01-2009, 10:53 PM
Awesome!!!!

jmvotto
09-02-2009, 07:05 AM
Brad, great photo.

I love the finger lakes, hope you like wine as well the fall is great for winery touring and especially the fall foiliage

we will connect soon....

Reese350
09-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Congrats on a successful move and finding a great lake in your new area!

kaneboats
09-02-2009, 09:16 AM
Brad, congrats! Hope everyone is doing well. Beautiful lake. Better get out there now cuz you only have about 3 weeks left till the 8 month layoff.

deerfield
09-02-2009, 03:30 PM
Brad - You need to get to the Adirondacks and see Lake Placid, Whiteface Mountain, and the Olympic venues. Perfect time would be this fall. Maybe combine it with a winery tour. Man, you're going to get hammered by lake effect snow. Yikes! - Deerfield

SEARK
09-02-2009, 05:59 PM
So, how's the food up there? Do they know that ketchup is not a spice? :) Glad to hear you've made a successful move (got your boat there). How was that tow? I hate that we never got to meet up before you left, but maybe you'll get back down this way sometime.

Keith

Sled491
09-03-2009, 12:45 PM
You know until JV and you I would have never thought New York state had such big lakes. Looks beautiful. Now you just need your own little patch of heaven on that lake :)

04OUTBACK
09-06-2009, 07:08 PM
Seark,
Food is actually good... i have had no trouble getting my feed on.. although Fish Friday is Haddock? How bout some Delta Catfish!!

Really beautiful area.. hoping to get out and ride some next weekend.. I came back to Miss this weekend.. still not sold house..ugh!

Called about storage this weekend.. i am used to having a storage fence/covered.. marina I talked to has winter storage... once it's locked up, you can't get to it for anything...til spring! i don't want to leave her alone for that long!

Finger lakes are gorgeous..

SEARK
09-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Glad to hear you're taking to the north so easily. Let's see how you feel after the first winter up there. :D
Gotta miss that catfish after a while.

jmvotto
09-08-2009, 01:13 PM
Seark, No worries on the cat fish

Wegmans (greatest grocery store in the world) will fly it in if he wants. salmon comes fresh from alaska daily.

up here we trade water for snow ( wakeboards for snowboards,skis etc.);)

some will even Ice fish like in "grumpy old men" Not I , I buy my fish at Wegmans.:p

GeauxTigers
09-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Man! That looks bigger than life! Good luck with the move!

SEARK
09-08-2009, 04:17 PM
Seark, No worries on the cat fish

Wegmans (greatest grocery store in the world) will fly it in if he wants. salmon comes fresh from alaska daily.

up here we trade water for snow ( wakeboards for snowboards,skis etc.);)

some will even Ice fish like in "grumpy old men" Not I , I buy my fish at Wegmans.:p
Good to know there's an option for the catfish. Get Brad to cook you some sometime Southern style (deep fried) nothing better. :)

Down here we just have to go hunt'n. No snow to trade the boards for. Probably a good thing, doesn't let me hurt things year round, get some heal'n time. :D