PDA

View Full Version : You would of thought for all this money . . .

Venom93corba
09-01-2009, 09:47 AM
there would be a clock. The last couple of cruises I've taken I've noticed that I'm always asking what time it is. Not sure about the Moomba's buton the Supra it has some digital displays that let's me cycle threw everything on gods green earth except for the time. I was gonna try to sticky a clock on the dash but I don't want it to look lame. What do you guys do? Any pics?

Ian Brantford
09-01-2009, 10:50 AM
I used a sports watch until its strap broke. Now I just leave my expendable "boat phone" in one of the driver's cupholders.

sandm
09-01-2009, 11:08 AM
there should be a clock built into the stereo if you have one, but we use "eddie".
my sis bought this toy for us right after we got the boat, and he has become our unofficial mascot, riding in the jockey box. "eddie" goes with us everywhere in the boat and sits on the camp table at night when camping..
kinda funny, but we have had 2 trips without "eddie" and he is missed.... :)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41etluD%2BMTL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Razzman
09-01-2009, 11:35 AM
We don't do anything. When i'm on the water i could care less what time it is. When it starts getting dark we go in. The last thing i want to know is how soon my day is ending. :cool:

Kidder
09-01-2009, 12:08 PM
I use a waterproof wrist clock.

jester
09-01-2009, 12:37 PM
I agree with Razzman on this one. A clock will only show me when the day is ending. I do not think my Radio shows the correct time since i never check the time on it.

Now the big question. With the 2010 new Supra Dash that does it all do they have a clock built in?

Venom93corba
09-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Hell I bet the 2010 dash opens up into a microwave. And all microwaves have clocks.

scoot_gt
09-01-2009, 03:02 PM
We don't do anything. When i'm on the water i could care less what time it is. When it starts getting dark we go in. The last thing i want to know is how soon my day is ending. :cool:

Seriously!

One of my buddy's favorite quotes:
Buddy: "What time is it?"
Me: "Saturday"

When my depth perception can no longer tell when to stand tall at the wake, I come in.

EDIT: my ipod and/or cellphone has a clock for those that MUST know ;)

sandm
09-01-2009, 03:50 PM
we get no cell phone service at our lake we ride at most of the time. we usually have a couple that come up later in the day, so time is needed.
we have a standing 15min pickup rule. be at the marina within 15 minutes of the time scheduled or we leave ya. have left a couple. amazing how some don't have any common courtesy.

wolfeman131
09-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Isn't there a clock built into the stereo head unit? Yeah, you have to pop the glove box cover to look at it, but it's still there IF you want to know what time it is.

scoot_gt
09-01-2009, 07:00 PM
cell phone??

You tellin me you guys won't have a clock on your boat , but you'd have a cell phone?

Ha! I'm an hour from ANYTHING when I'm on the water. 911 may be necessary :D

It also does fancy things like take pictures, record video and even play music thru my stereo - wow, what will they think of next ;)

sandm
09-01-2009, 08:28 PM
cell phone??

You tellin me you guys won't have a clock on your boat , but you'd have a cell phone?

no cell service at our lake. they stay in the cars powered off 99% of the time.
amazing considering it's only 15 miles from the center of town(which is the capital of idaho and 1/2 million people in the valley).
nobody pushing the issue, and the guy at the marina makes a killing on the payphone :)

dtlaine
09-01-2009, 10:21 PM
I've always thought the same thing. Why no clock.

My wife has to take medication at precise intervals and sometimes she forgets her watch. We have to chase someone down and ask them for the time - in exchange for a beer of course.

I wonder if the Stargazer PP systems have a clock display.

Stargazer does have a clock on the display, but ironically, you have to have the mode in "system off" in order to access it.

kaneboats
09-02-2009, 09:26 AM
They figure if you're using your PP you don't give a crap what time it is.

jclevoy
09-02-2009, 03:51 PM
I personally don't want a clock in my boat. Just one more electronic that is gonna piss me off when it doesn't work correctly.

dtlaine
09-02-2009, 08:34 PM
They figure if you're using your PP you don't give a crap what time it is.

I would agree with that 99% of the time.

adsman
09-02-2009, 09:37 PM
excellent! i was running out of things to strap to my tower

http://www.marlins-motorcycles.com/HBC_Mounts.html

kaneboats
09-03-2009, 11:08 AM
LOL, that's funny, right there. Don't care who you are.

Sled491
09-03-2009, 12:42 PM
excellent! i was running out of things to strap to my tower

http://www.marlins-motorcycles.com/HBC_Mounts.html

Excellent, but I don't have a tower:)

A means of telling time is important to me becuase if I'm playing hookey wednesday afternoon to get a couple passes in between meetings, I want to make sure I'm off the lake and back on my way to the next meeting so I don't get caught or worse called a slacker :D

jester
09-08-2009, 06:18 PM
If you get caught playing hooky then you say it is for your mental health and if you did not get away to spend time at the lake then you're productivity would be down costing the company more money. So spending time at work on the lake in a way saves the company money.