PDA

View Full Version : Whole family wakeboarding now

TSC
08-31-2009, 02:27 PM
Success with the wife and son this weekend. They both finally got up wakeboarding on Sunday and were grinning from ear to ear. They finally understood they were working too hard to get up once they got up for the first time. I'm glad they were able to get up before the end of the season.

Hopefully I won't have to drag the tube anymore.

kaneboats
08-31-2009, 02:49 PM
I may have a new system for teaching wakeboarders. My twin boys have tried several times and didn't get up or didn't get up for long. But, they have each easily gotten up on the surf board. So yesterday I had them try the wakeboard using the surf rope. Presto! I have two new wakeboarders now. Funny though the lefty went one way and the righty the other way.

Reese350
08-31-2009, 07:19 PM
Kaneboats: I can vouch for the wakesurf rope. That's how we got our 4 year old going this summer. It was less intimidating for him to be closer to the boat. Worked like a charm!

Sharpie647
09-01-2009, 04:52 PM
I have also taught people to get up with a surf like length rope.

I had never surfed or even seen it done before but I was having trouble teaching some one to get up on a wakeboard and couldn't understand what they were doing wrong so I shortened the rope to about the same length as what we now surf at.

My intention was to watch and see what they were doing wrong and be able to talk them though it while they were close to the boat, but what happened is the person stood right up and started to wakeboard. I guess it just clicked for them while they were a little closer. A few tries at full length and they were able to get up.

kaneboats
09-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Awesome! Congrats! Remember, when you throw down the tricks be sure to throw up the pics!

yearround
09-02-2009, 05:17 PM
Awesome! Congrats! Remember, when you throw down the tricks be sure to throw up the pics!

and the hardware too!