PDA

View Full Version : Carpet

dtlaine
08-31-2009, 01:32 PM
I have a 2007 OB V, and I am quite envious of my neighbor's 2009 X-15 because it doesn't have carpet in the cabin. To most people, especially folks that aren't in such a humid area, it would seem that carpet would be an asset, but it is definitely a liability in my case. Has anyone taken their carpet out? What's it look like under there? I don't recall if snap-in carpet was an option on my boat, but if it was, it would stand to reason that there is a presentable fiberglass surface under the carpet like there is in the bow. I would prefer no carpet anywhere in the boat. The storage areas with carpet retain moisture, and it's not like the ballast bags would be affected if they were on fiberglass instead of carpet.

I find it almost impossible to keep the interior of the boat completely dry. I open all the compartments that I can w/ the cover on, have a 1 gallon damp-rid bucket in there, and even have a fan running under the cover 24/7 to help. It still gets damp.

If anyone has any advice for removing the carpet, I'd really like to hear from you.

Jeff W
08-31-2009, 03:04 PM
No clue - but Moombas are all fiberglass so your odds are pretty good. If it's "unfinished" fiberglass - you could drop it at somewhere and have it sprayed or lined in the back.

08-31-2009, 04:04 PM
Maybe a good option once you pull up the parpet would be to have it lined with that rubberized stuff people line thier truck boxes with. Super durable, weather resistant, etc..

dtlaine
08-31-2009, 04:58 PM
How about seadeck everywhere there is currently carpet? That would be great.

moombadaze
08-31-2009, 04:58 PM
If the floor if the same as my 03 it will come up-pull carpet loose-get large roll of seadek material and lay that down. with the floor up and out it would be very easy to cut/trim to fit. I like zegm's idea for the rear lockers

moombadaze
08-31-2009, 05:00 PM
dang--great minds think alike:D